ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Open source remake of the classic game Elite

<< < (2/6) > >>

MerleOne:
Hey, Elite worked first on the ZX - Spectrum !  With a clever optical device to copy-protect the game...

Carol Haynes:
Cooo what a blast from the past. Unfortunately my old BBC Micro (that I played Elite on) packed up after a year in the garage!

It will be kind of fun to see it again ;)

40hz:
I thought I had posted on DC about Oolite before, but maybe I was mistaken...
-Innuendo (November 02, 2009, 01:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

I ran a search for "Oolite" on the entire forum before I posted. Did you maybe call it something else or spell it differently? :)

I remember playing Elite on the C-64 (Every version for every platform was different with different features. I think the C-64 version was the version with the most features at the time).
-Innuendo (November 02, 2009, 01:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

I always thought the C64 version was the best. The Elite opening theme song was particularly good on the Commodore.

Carol Haynes:
Anyone manage to get version 1.73.4 to run on a GeForce 7 series card? I have updated the drivers and it still doesn't work.

The earlier version (1.6x) works fine.

40hz:
Anyone manage to get version 1.73.4 to run on a GeForce 7 series card? I have updated the drivers and it still doesn't work.

The earlier version (1.6x) works fine.
-Carol Haynes (November 03, 2009, 03:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

You might be able to find an answer on their forum: http://aegidian.org/bb/index.php

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version