ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Paragon Drive Backup+Recovery 10 Free - good full drive imaging tool

<< < (4/9) > >>

SKA:

Apologies for offtopic, but would appreciate if anyone with Thinkpad T61P/similar notebook has used Macrium Reflect
without problems to clone Vista 32/64 bit to a new disk ?

It seems there's something special on Lenovo hard disks/hidden partitions that traps many imaging softwares

SKA

MilesAhead:
Apologies for offtopic, but would appreciate if anyone with Thinkpad T61P/similar notebook has used Macrium Reflect
without problems to clone Vista 32/64 bit to a new disk ?

It seems there's something special on Lenovo hard disks/hidden partitions that traps many imaging softwares

SKA
-SKA (November 02, 2009, 03:33 AM)
--- End quote ---

Macrium has a forum where you may get more user responses. Just go to their site.

edit: I have the link here:
http://www.macrium.com/support.asp

sajman99:
Thanks for the Paragon info, mouser.

In additon to Macrium Reflect, EASEUS Todo Backup is another free disk imaging software which is worth a mention. Although it's not yet working on Windows 7 according to this blog, it seems like a good one to watch. 8)

tranglos:
I have an external 2TB WD My Book drive, connected via firewire, single partition.

The trial version of Paragon HD Manager, as well as Paragon Drive Backup Pro 9 both show this drive as having "7,9 GB not formatted" and the remaining space unallocated. Fixed drives are shown correctly, but the nonsensical detection of the external drive makes me rather uncomfortable about this software. (MS management console shows the correct status for this drive, of course)

If anyone is using Paragon software and has an external USB drive, what does it show for you?

cmpm:
I have the c-drive showing 10 gbmb unallocated free space with paragon.
MS management does not show it.

The seagate usb drive is reported correctly with both.

edit
Easeus reports the same 10mb uballocated and unformated free space.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version