ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Paragon Drive Backup+Recovery 10 Free - good full drive imaging tool

<< < (6/9) > >>

MerleOne:
BTW, I tried Macrium Reflect 4 on the same Vista machine as the one I used Paragon B&R on.  I was impressed by the speed in full and differential mode (twice as fast in full mode).  I also noticed that the driver pssnap.sys is installed and runs all the time.  Last time I tried, when Macrium was offered by GAOTD in June 2008, this driver had some problems, but it was with last year version.  I will probably try it some more, to see if the problem has been solved.

MilesAhead:
Just telling you what it says in the help afa Fat32 goes. Likely the docs need an update.

MerleOne:
I think the FAT32 format for the image is for file-backup only : when you backup files and not partitions, the backup uses the same proprietary format as for partition images, it's just that they have chosen FAT32 as format for this kind of image.

For regular partition images, the mounted drives retains the filesystem type of the source.

MilesAhead:
I can't seem to find it now. In any case I verified that the image is shown in Explorer as NTFS so you must be right. :)  Maybe I just noticed the image of the dialog box that showed a mounted image as FAT32.  As my lawyer advised me, I can't recall. :)

4wd:
As my lawyer advised me, I can't recall. :)-MilesAhead (November 07, 2009, 12:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ahhh, the Political Defense :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version