ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Linux based applications

(1/2) > >>

dhayfule:
Does Donation Coder plan to release a Linux version of the applications like Screenshot Captor, since I have transitioned from windows to Ubuntu and am feeling it to be a great transition.

Tuxman:
There is no application which is actually "based" on Linux...

For most apps there already is a great Linux alternative. The import command perfectly does everything you can expect from a screenshotting app...

:-*

zridling:
Tuxman, I don't understand your reply. Could you elaborate?

dhayfule, congrats on the switch! Are you using Gnome or KDE (I presume Gnome since you said Ubuntu).

40hz:
For most apps there already is a great Linux alternative.
-Tuxman (October 30, 2009, 04:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

Mostly true. But I still wouldn't mind seeing a version of FARR come out for Linux ... :)  ;)

Tuxman:
Tuxman, I don't understand your reply. Could you elaborate?-zridling (October 30, 2009, 10:03 PM)
--- End quote ---
Well then:

1) There is no application which is actually "based" on Linux...
Linux is a kernel. It could be hard to even imagine how an application should be based on it.

2) For most apps there already is a great Linux alternative.
Self-explaining.

3) The import command perfectly does everything you can expect from a screenshotting app...
Direct reply to the OP's request (Screenshot Captor). On Linux I take screenshots via import, it allows a wide variety of parameters and is usually a part of your distribution anyway.

:-*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version