ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Unity Game Engine now free

(1/2) > >>

Lashiec:
Stumbled onto this yesterday on TIGSource, realized it could be interesting today :P

So, Unity Technologies released a free, limited version of its Unity Game Engine, a game development tool similar to Torque Game Builder. Targeted at independent developers, it lacks a bunch of the advanced features the paid version has, but still looks interesting enough for those interested in game creation.

For those interested in what you can achieve with it, Off-Road Velociraptor Safari ;D
via TIGSource

mouser:
thanks for posting this, useful stuff.  i'm still looking for a cheap/free 3d game engine that will build games on win/mac/linx/wii/ps3/xbox.

Deozaan:
Awesome! Thanks for pointing this out, Lashiec! And thanks to App for retweeting this. I never would have known otherwise. (c:

i'm still looking for a cheap/free 3d game engine that will build games on win/mac/linx/wii/ps3/xbox.
-mouser (October 30, 2009, 03:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

Torque Game Builder builds games on Windows, Mac, Wii, and Xbox 360. But you do need to buy a special license for the Wii/Xbox 360 editions.

Who knows what the new Torque 2D and Torque 3D game engines will support.

Deozaan:
I just tried to download it but it's not working. I get an error message saying: "No suitable nodes are available to serve your request."

Has anyone else been able to download it successfully?

Lashiec:
I justed tested it, and it's working fine. If you still can't get it, there are other alternatives like FileShack

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version