ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Google vs. the rest: Is it fair?

<< < (3/8) > >>

Kamel:
I do not care for google's business practice at all. Unfortunately though, every single other competitor STILL has not figured out that the best way to advertise is discreetly. This is the single trade business "secret" that google has completely comprehended, and thus became very successful because of.

Compare the amount of clutter on any other search engine to google's... case closed.

They have very carefully and strategically placed themselves where they are, and have done a great job. However, IMO, the grounds are ripe for a competitor to offer a similar service and give google a real run for their money. All it would take is a website which works well, is not complex and overcrowded, and an e-mail service that allows significant amount of storage without ads at the bottom of each e-mail and a clean interface to boot.

It would take me about .5 seconds to decide to never touch google again, if there were comparable services available elsewhere.

Tuxman:
It would take me about .5 seconds to decide to never touch google again, if there were comparable services available elsewhere.-Kamel (October 31, 2009, 01:03 PM)
--- End quote ---
What exactly do you miss elsewhere?

Kamel:
It would take me about .5 seconds to decide to never touch google again, if there were comparable services available elsewhere.-Kamel (October 31, 2009, 01:03 PM)
--- End quote ---
What exactly do you miss elsewhere?
-Tuxman (October 31, 2009, 01:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

Not to sound rude, but I think I explained that in my original post quite specifically.

Tuxman:
Well:

All it would take is a website which works well, is not complex and overcrowded, and an e-mail service that allows significant amount of storage without ads at the bottom of each e-mail and a clean interface to boot.
--- End quote ---

There is a bunch of them out there (comfortable free mailers and well-working searching engines), that's why I was asking. Which alternatives did you actually check?

Eóin:
Of course people seem to be forgetting that this is just what capitalism is all about. It's not really surprising behaviour :-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version