topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 3:44 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Circle Dock v0.9.3.0 is released!  (Read 17570 times)

Markham

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Circle Dock
    • Donate to Member
Circle Dock v0.9.3.0 is released!
« on: October 29, 2009, 05:21 AM »
I know what you're thinking - "another day, another release"!

Anyway this one does contain a new feature that's been asked for several times recently - multiple instances. The way I've implemented this forces you to use different directories for each instance you intend to run and each directory structure must be complete - there's no sharing of code or data between the various instances.

Rather than explain how it works here, I'll let you read all about it in the Help system - you do know there's a Help system now, don't you?!

This release also contains several fixes and changes in behaviour whichg you'll find documented in the Help's "History" page.

Download and install: * SetupCircleDock.zip (7636.73 kB - downloaded 1420 times.)

Mark

Rigel

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Circle Dock v0.9.3.0 is released!
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 08:13 AM »
Multi-instance works, great :) Thanks Markham

I find a bug in "Reorder Panel" where the item name not appear but if I edit item name in item setting and simply rewrite the same name it works.

Request:
 - CD title in Process Explorer under process description as in tray icon.
 - new type to highlight the item: shadow light with custom color and bumping (the item move rising range)

I find a way to solve windows start menu bug:
     - when click on center button the menu must show from left-down icon corner so everywhere you click the icon the menu is shown under mouse pointer and this solve the trasparent png bug
     - to solve Jump List problem when you click to center button send win button event two time, one to show start and activate start menu and the second to hide and then send the CD start menu event to show near dock.
Part of the inhumanity of the computer is that, once it is competently programmed and working smoothly, it is completely honest.

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 10:49 AM »
I know what you're thinking - "another day, another release"!
And you're absolutely correct.
For most, however, that thought begins with "Hooray", thus "Hooray another day, another release!"

Markham

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Circle Dock
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2009, 11:55 AM »
Multi-instance works, great :) Thanks Markham
You're welcome!

I find a bug in "Reorder Panel" where the item name not appear but if I edit item name in item setting and simply rewrite the same name it works.
How was the item added to the Dock in the first place? Can you give me (simple!) steps to reproduce the problem, please.

I'll investigate but I don't think that's going to be possible: Windows appears to restrict Process names (which it now calls "Image Names") to their file names. However as the Processes can be shown in sorted alphabetical order, the second appearance of "CircleDock.exe" will be the second instance.

- new type to highlight the item: shadow light with custom color and bumping (the item move rising range)
Oh you only want me to create a new custom bit map! Whilst that sounds a cool idea, it will slow things down as the bitmaps will have to be constructed and alpha-blended on the fly. Quite wasteful in resources too. I'll add it to the list but I'm not making any promises about delivery of this request.

when click on center button the menu must show from left-down icon corner so everywhere you click the icon the menu is shown under mouse pointer and this solve the trasparent png bug
The problem is not one of transparency but the shadow Windows can optionally cast on menus. But I'd welcome any C# code you can provide that illustrates your solution.

to solve Jump List problem when you click to center button send win button event two time, one to show start and activate start menu and the second to hide and then send the CD start menu event to show near dock.
Circle Dock doesn't send any mouse button clicks to summon the Start Menu, it sends a key-down key-up sequence using an undocumented (virtual) key. The method you suggest will cause the Start Menu to "flash" which may be unacceptable (it certainly would be to me).

Mark

Rigel

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2009, 02:06 PM »
How was the item added to the Dock in the first place? Can you give me (simple!) steps to reproduce the problem, please.
Strangely now I try again and all works. So it's ok.
I'll investigate but I don't think that's going to be possible: Windows appears to restrict Process names (which it now calls "Image Names") to their file names. However as the Processes can be shown in sorted alphabetical order, the second appearance of "CircleDock.exe" will be the second instance.
Don't worry, if it was simple it is better or it is simplest to rename the exe :)

I understand the problem for win star menu but I don't now c# solution :(
Part of the inhumanity of the computer is that, once it is competently programmed and working smoothly, it is completely honest.

Markham

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Circle Dock
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2009, 02:31 PM »
Don't worry, if it was simple it is better or it is simplest to rename the exe :)
Circle Dock's executable can not be renamed. Well you can try to do that but you'll be somewhat disappointed by the result :).

Mark

perchera

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2009, 02:53 PM »
Markham,

I've just reinstalled Windows7 (Ultimate, Original, 32bits, Spanish) and i wanted to try your new release coz i'm still using the standalone 092Alpha82.

This is what happens. I've installed, I've simply changed one of settings (lock dock in current position) and then saved but i get this (see 3 images attached).

I must uninstall :(

Markham

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Circle Dock
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2009, 02:21 AM »
I've just reinstalled Windows7 (Ultimate, Original, 32bits, Spanish) and i wanted to try your new release coz i'm still using the standalone 092Alpha82.

This is what happens. I've installed, I've simply changed one of settings (lock dock in current position) and then saved but i get this (see 3 images attached).

That's really strange because Circle Dock is developed under Windows 7 and I kinda think I would have noticed something as basic as that. Without a lot more information from you, I'm unable to reproduce your problem and thus fix it. Please PM me and attach a Zip file containing your Circle Dock's Config.ini and DockItemData.ini files (from the System\Settings folder) - or you may attach them to a reply in this thread.

Mark

perchera

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2009, 07:01 AM »
Hi Mark,

Here's the config.ini attached as txt

If you need the dockitemdata.ini, fileassociations.ini and speciallinkdata.ini, let me know, though i have not added any icon yet.

I uninstalled yesterday. Today i've installed again (after cleanup of pc).

I have changed first the lock at current position and normal level, closed, no problem.
Then i changed the left and right mouse thing and at closing, same warnings as yesterday (or similar, i have not compared today's with yesterday's)

Thanks in advance

btw, I have administrative privileges and all that stuff in order to install anything.

Markham

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Circle Dock
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2009, 12:33 PM »
I have changed first the lock at current position and normal level, closed, no problem.
Then i changed the left and right mouse thing and at closing, same warnings as yesterday (or similar, i have not compared today's with yesterday's)

Ah, okay, you omitted to include the information about the left/right mouse at screen edge to show the Dock in your original post. Now I see the problem and a simple rearrangement of the Netz postbuild cures it. As I'm about done on some further changes, I'll be posting an update hopefully tomorrow.

Mark

stockgod

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2009, 09:53 PM »
i hope the item icons can be locked or when drag out from  the CD ,the icon can return to where it is.

Markham

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Circle Dock
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2009, 01:21 AM »
i hope the item icons can be locked or when drag out from  the CD ,the icon can return to where it is.
I guess you're not currently a Circle Dock user and that this is a "pre-sales" inquiry? :)

The answer is "no". You can re-order the current dock level by dragging-and-dropping the items around the dock; and dragging an tem off the Dock removes that item from the Dock.

Maybe you are looking for a read-only, "kiosk-mode" dock?

Mark

stockgod

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2009, 02:19 AM »
i use CircleDock 0.9.2 Alpha 8.1 - Ellipse Demo.exe.when drag-and-drop an item icon near the centre button,this item can be removed,and when drag an item off the dock,it returns.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 02:28 AM by stockgod »

Rigel

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2009, 09:31 AM »
Hi Mark, it's possible to add CD to fileHippo? http://www.filehippo.com/ the same of CCleaner.
In filehippo page there are three tabs:description, techincal and changelog :)
They have also a very little and FREE Update Checker and a RSS feeder.
It would be fantastic :)

casamg

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2009, 02:36 PM »
Hi Mark!
Thanks for your effort, time and the updates! :Thmbsup:
I had the same problem that PERCHERA.
Same "popups" with the info of the problems.
I have Win 7, and all I did was setting it up to the same options I had on the .9.2.8 version...
Had to uninstall it, hope you get that bug!
Thanks!

casamg

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2009, 04:23 PM »
MARK and PERCHERA!!!

I think I've found two of the problem's causes!!!!
Both when trying to change the VISIBILITY options.
First one, when selecting the HOTKEY for toggle, if I use the "Win" key it'll crash!
Second one, the "show dock when I move my mouse to", if I select any option, it'll crash also!

sjliu

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2009, 04:46 PM »
My circle dock works using a hotkey toggle of Win+Z, but also crashes when using "show dock when I move my mouse to..."

Another issue I noticed is that when I first start circle dock (auto start on boot, or manually), it always seems to start in the middle of the screen, even though I have "lock position" set to some other location.  It also seems that if I don't have lock position set, CD defaults to "Center dock around cursor" even if that option is not checked.

Finally, whenever I show circle dock using hotkeys (win+z in my case), it moves my mouse cursor to the center of the dock.  I'm not sure why (I don't have autohide enabled)

Overall a great program :)  Really great that you took the time to keep it updated for the community.  Cheers!

Rigel

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2009, 03:34 AM »
Hi Mark, I have an idea, it''complex but usefull. For my Jess project I'm studing a system to move item in particular ways, in first instance I create a mathematical method but in some case it's too slow and little practical, then I try a table method (a failure) then... then... and a the end I find a 2 solution, one drawind way with mouse and now I chose this and an other more complex but user frendly using image with white background and black shape. The items are drawed on black pattern with distance between each other defined from user. The user can make the image pattern (not drawed on screen) with many different shape, circular, triangular, star, scattered points, it's no important becouse the program use the black part to insert the items. But it's little complex to recognize the next black area if discontinued and how use large black area so I chose mouse solution but for CD and icon there isn't this problem and I have decided to write my idea. It's too difficult also for you, Mark, with CD?

Request: Can you add "Open file location" on items context menu?
p.s. about filehippo?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 04:13 AM by Rigel »

Markham

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Circle Dock
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2009, 12:34 PM »
FileHippo is currently closed to new applications.

"Open file location" has been added to the list of future enhancements.

Mark

afzal

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2009, 11:43 AM »
i have winxp and installed circle dock but icon are not moving or rotating.i have also checked option in software setting in animation.i want docker move the icon without
moreover on desktop. kindly help

afzal

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2009, 11:43 AM »
 :)