ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Circle Dock

system.reflection.targetinvocationexception

(1/3) > >>

morphy:
Hello,
When i try to launch Circle Dock, an error window appear about .net?

I'm under windows seven.

Thank you for your help

Rigel:
What windows you have? 64bit version?
I had the same problem with first Markham version but He solved time ago. Maybe He forgot to compile also for 64bit version. Don't worry, Markham replies soon with a compatible version :)

morphy:
I have a 64bit windows seven yes.

Rigel:
Maybe I find the error, in this new version there aren't some file:
Orbit.Interop.Win32.dll
Orbit.Utilities.dll
GlobalMouseKeyboardHook.dll
and the oldest are not compatible.

Markham is online and He already read the problem, now we can only to aspect.

Markham:
Maybe I find the error, in this new version there aren't some file:
Orbit.Interop.Win32.dll
Orbit.Utilities.dll
GlobalMouseKeyboardHook.dll
and the oldest are not compatible.

Markham is online and He already read the problem, now we can only to aspect.
-Rigel (October 28, 2009, 11:48 AM)
--- End quote ---
I really should have updated the "help" before issuing the refresh...

I've modified the way Circle Dock is "packaged". Previously you got an EXE (CircleDock itself) and a series of DLLs. All but one of these DLLs are .Net Assemblies and they are all compiled with the "x86" - which is required to enable Circle Dock to operate on both 32-bit and 64-bit Operating Systems.

The current releases are "packaged" using a program called "Netz" (which you can read about here) which bundles all the Net Assembly DLLs into the main executable. This has several advantages: it ensures that the correct version of the DLLs is always used; it dramatically reduces the overall size - by around 50% - which reduces disk space and speeds-up the program's load and start. Prior to releasing this new way of distributing Circle Dock, I did test it on a friend's Vista-64 PC and all worked as it should.

If you look at your Circle Dock Folder, you should find only two binary files: CircleDock.exe and Orbit.Hook.dll - this DLL is not a Net Assembly, it contains unmanaged low-level code to establish global keyboard and mouse hooks - a task that can't be done using managed (ie Net) code. So you should not worry that you appear to be missing some DLLs - they are there but as part of CircleDock.exe.

Now, on the off-chance that there's a problem with the Netz bundling system on 64-bit Operating Systems, I'm attaching a zip file which contains an unbundled version - ie, the CircleDock.exe and all the DLLs. If this works, then I will have to re-think the distribution mechanism.

CDUnbundled.zip (1501.39 kB - downloaded 786 times.)

Try also this version of the Netz bundle: CDx86.zip (1433.96 kB - downloaded 548 times.)
Mark

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version