ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

text editor question

(1/3) > >>

kalos:
hello

I want to search with regex for specific text and select all the instances and copy them to paste them in another text file

I don't know how to do it, emeditor does not offer that option

any idea?

thanks

mwb1100:
UltraEdit can do this - in the Find dialog select the "List Lines Containing String" option.  The resulting dialog will contain a list of matching strings that can be copied to the clipboard.

Of course, for this type of operation I'd normally use a command-line grep too and just pipe the output to a file.

mouser:
I use LineByter, free for personal use, made by a DonationCoder member. more info here:
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=14381.0

It may be a bit of overkill for your needs -- it's quite powerful and perfect for extracting regular expression matched strings from a file (like email addresses, etc.).

AbteriX:
Hi kalos,

EmEditor can't do that? I was thinking this is an such common task every editor should be able to do that?

I use www.HippoEDIT.com and he does it (see picture).
You can collect to "Output pane" or to an new document.
text editor question

Well, there is room for improvement, but the author knows and will do this.
If you have more question you can ask there in the forum too (without he hassle to register first.)

kalos:
I downloaded hippoedit, while it has "find all" it doesn't allow me to "select all" and copy all selected

or do I miss something?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version