topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Wednesday April 17, 2024, 11:00 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Any fast way to improve pr of a webpage?  (Read 5032 times)

Bett

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Any fast way to improve pr of a webpage?
« on: October 26, 2009, 09:56 PM »
Hey,guys, I started a new blog, but when I use my key words to search it, it's hard to find.
Any fast way to improve the pr of a webpage?

Paul Keith

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Any fast way to improve pr of a webpage?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009, 10:07 PM »
Tons, actually.

The basics are located here: http://www.thirtydaychallenge.com/

You'll also want to look up these 2 blogs among many:

http://www.copyblogger.com/

http://www.problogger.net/

The summarized version are:

Buy your own domain.

Make sure the content of your blog is specific.

Learn what SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is.

Avoid duplicate posting contents.

Reply in other blogs (but don't spam the blog url) to get trackbacks.

Write about contents of other blogs.

Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, FriendFeed...advertise...advertise...advertise... (but don't spam)

Provide interesting and free content.

Don't create long posts. If you must: create short posts that link back to a long post. Ex: http://www.copyblogg...com/copywriting-101/

Create/market e-books.

Learn your competitors.

Know what tickles your audience. (Lots of stuff involving analyzing web site visits, etc. etc.)

Add buttons to make it easier for your readers to submit your posts in social media.

Cheat the system. (But once you get caught you get penalized and have to re-make another domain. Plus I don't know how to do this.)

Create tons of other blogs that link back to the contents of each other. (But don't duplicate copy or make any two blogs about the same thing.)

Format your blog posts for a search engine but make it attractive to your readers.

Make your blog attractive to readers. (Add images)

Ehh... there are tons of others. It's almost too big to fill in one topic. Just look at this one forum for example: http://forums.digitalpoint.com/

« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 10:12 PM by Paul Keith »

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2009, 10:53 PM »
For a blog...Entrecard. (wait till you have some posts though)

You can also get some free advertising on Project Wonderful. (place some of their ads on your site too, and you'll get traffic from that as well)

MyBlogLog...make friends with people that have blogs with similar content.

Same with Blog Catalog. Participate in discussions and/or start your own that relate to every post.

Do not try to do it all at once. Start with one and build up. You can't get anywhere overnight, it takes time and work, but once you have put in the work on each site, it pretty much takes over and works for itself. If you do too much too fast it can actually backfire on you and cause you to lose rank or keep it from going up.

One of the best ways to get free links to your site that increase page rank is to make friends with bloggers in your niche that are known for linking to other blogs in their posts. If they post about your blog on theirs, they will be sharing some of their juice with you. So talk about them in your posts, linking to them and their posts, and leave comments on their blog too. The idea is to get noticed and not try to market your blog to them. If they notice you enough they will begin reading your blog, and if your content is good, they will link to it on their own.

Oh, and give me a link to your blog.  There are some things I can do to help, too. ;)

rgdot

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 10:59 PM »
Submission to technorati, valid RSS feed that is also submitted

haokun

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2009, 07:59 PM »
I agree with Paul Keith, who looks like so professional.
SEO is very important to improve pr, and other effective way is add links in other high-pr website.

andykeating

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2010, 04:06 AM »
hey start doing SEO..thsi is the best way for increasing SERP..write unique content for your blog..do blog commenting,forum posting,social bookmarking,article submisiion etc....seo requires patience and hardwork.. so all the best..