ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

Breevy - Text replacer / expander and program / website launcher.

(1/7) > >>

P.a.t.r.i.c.k.:
Hi guys,

Breevy is a text replacer / expander as well as a program / website launcher. With it you can "type" words and phrases, or launch programs and websites, just by typing the abbreviation you associated with it.

For example, with Breevy, instead of typing out your street address in its entirety, you could create a new abbreviation for it... say, myad. So then whenever you want to type out your address, just type myad in any program and Breevy will replace it for you with your address, automatically. Going by the number of characters in a typical address, that's the difference between typing 35-40+ characters without Breevy, to typing just 4 characters with Breevy (you could even make the abbreviation shorter if you want).

Same goes for anything else... if you can type it, you can abbreviate it with Breevy -- your e-mail address, phone number, forum username(s), e-mail greetings and signatures, online form information, complex words, code snippets, etc.

You can also launch programs, documents, folders, and websites with Breevy -- for example, you can launch Notepad by typing np, launch DonationCoder.com by typing dc, or navigate to your download folder by typing dw.

I tried to make Breevy as fast and bloat-free as possible (quick startup, low CPU usage and low memory consumption, responsive UI, etc) and I've also got a lot of good stuff planned for the near future.

Let me know how you like it. :)

More information / download at: http://www.16software.com/breevy/

skwire:
The interface layout is very nicely done.  Logical, concise and no superfluous crap.  Just the way I like them.

P.a.t.r.i.c.k.:
Thanks dude. 8)

rjbull:
There's a load of programs that do some of all of what Breevy does: e.g. Phrase Express, Typing Assistant, Comfort Keys, Instant Text, IntelliComplete, Type Pilot/Speed Pilot, and many others, plus roll-your-won with AutoHotKey.  Some of them are free, or free for personal use, others have been offered at DC or BdJ discounts  <hint>.  What do you see as Breevy's special strengths compared to the field?

P.a.t.r.i.c.k.:
What do you see as Breevy's special strengths compared to the field?
-rjbull (October 31, 2009, 05:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

Simplicity, ease of use, and speed.

BTW, Breevy is scheduled to be on BdJ at 57% off on November 29th. I plan to make a post a week or so before that date. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version