ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

This is interesting ... LoseThos Operating System

<< < (2/2)

TucknDar:
Absolutely, and even if you can't always take that approach, its often good to write something you want just for the fun of it. Even if others have already done it better than you can hope to.
-Tekzel (December 14, 2009, 01:15 PM)
--- End quote ---
Ah, so that's why there are approximately 674346536 IRC clients out there...

40hz:
Reading this brought a smile to my face:

Motivation: for Making LoseThos:
1986:  I had a book called, "Mapping the Commodore 64," when I was a teenager and it told what
every memory location did.  I hooked-up Radio Shack photo-transistors to my paddle-port and
relays to another port.
--- End quote ---

I think I spent more time with my trusty copy of Mapping the Commodore 64  :-* than I have with any other book I've owned with the possible exception of Lord of the Rings. That book, plus a subscription to TPUG's marvelous Transactor magazine, and I was ready to do anything with my C64. Boy could you put that little "box of chips" to a lot of different uses. My biggie was a program I wrote (in FORTH supplemented with some assembly code) that let you use an inexpensive Casio keyboard to play musical notes directly through the SID chip. I later adapted it so that you could also input them into the Kawasaki Synthesizer program for playback.

Glad to see the spirit and passion are still alive. You have to admire anyone with the desire to build a small but usable OS from scratch for no other reason that the pure fum of doing so. Brings back memories it does.

:Thmbsup:

f0dder:
My biggie was a program I wrote (in FORTH supplemented with some assembly code) that let you use an inexpensive Casio keyboard to play musical notes directly through the SID chip.
-40hz (December 14, 2009, 06:31 PM)
--- End quote ---
MOS-6581 :-*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version