ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Minefield(Firefox) 3.7Pre seems to work

<< < (5/8) > >>

MilesAhead:
Weird.  Minefield 3.6Pre most of my add ons worked through nearly all the builds.  Now it's the opposite.  Only one build out of dozens will work and I have to stick with that one.  Even a beta release gives no clue.  It's strictly trial and error.

afa the taskbar preview feature on 7, I increased the mouse hover time so that it won't pop up.  To me it's just something that gets in the way.  I don't leave programs running minimized anyway unless they are minimized to tray to work in the background.

Innuendo:
Weird.  Minefield 3.6Pre most of my add ons worked through nearly all the builds.  Now it's the opposite.  Only one build out of dozens will work and I have to stick with that one.  Even a beta release gives no clue.  It's strictly trial and error.-MilesAhead (December 09, 2009, 06:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

Now that is weird...because I have 44 extensions installed. Only DragIt has given me trouble thus far. I haven't had time to test them all yet, though.

MilesAhead:
With mine, the extensions that have a button in the status bar, the button won't be there.  When I open the AddOns window, almost all have the '!' and the options are grayed out.  Strange.  I tried using FEBE to reload individual and groups of AddOns and it makes no difference.

Bizarre I must say.

Innuendo:
Have you tried installing the Add-on Compatibility Reporter, Miles?

MilesAhead:
I think they must be doing something in the beta code.  If it was the AddOns themselves I don't see how they could not work for a bunch of daily builds, then all of a sudden they all work again on the same new build.  There must be some code they are disabling, then enabling for some reason.  I have version checking off in about:config and also use Mr Tech Toolkit.

Doesn't make sense all AddOns would break and fix at the same time. It has to be FF build code.  Maybe they use some compile option on milestone builds or something.

Whatever it is, so far other than Windows7 Jump List, I haven't seen a single new feature in 3.7pre anyway.  So there's no impetus to use it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version