ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Minefield(Firefox) 3.7Pre seems to work

<< < (4/8) > >>

MilesAhead:
For some reason the Oct. 29 build Firefox 3.6 beta is still called "3.6 beta 1" so I guess we now have betas of betas.

Innuendo:
Well, 3.6 Beta 2 is out...though I don't know what that has to do with the mention of 3.7pre in the OP. Are they the same thing?

Anyway, Mozilla wants people to uninstall the Nightly Tester Tools & instead use the new Add-on Compatibility Reporter. It fulfills the same function as Nightly Tester Tools, but adds functionality that lets you report misbehaving add-ons.

I've heard that in beta 2 they have really worked on the responsiveness of the GUI so I took a chance and installed it. I'm really enjoying it so far. All my extensions work so far thanks to the Reporter add-on & the GUI is more responsive...everything seems more responsive. The only thing that doesn't seem to consistently work right that I've noticed so far is the little taskbar thumbnails in Windows 7. Sometimes you just get the little spinning circle & no preview ever comes up.

Innuendo:
Well, Firefox 3.6 Beta 4 is out & they have come a long way since beta 2. I had to stop using 3.6 a short while after my last post as GreaseMonkey wasn't compatible & I missed it too much. Happily, a new version of GreaseMonkey was released a bit ago & it is now 3.6-compatible.

Even the little taskbar thumbnails seem to be behaving so far. I'll update here if things should go to heck in a hand basket.

MilesAhead:
What have you noticed since beta 2?  I'm just curious.  Any 3.6 beta after 2 kills off about half my AddOns.  Looks like I'll stick with beta 2 until 3.6 final comes out, unless 3.7 comes out with something great.  So far 3.7Pre does the same thing.  I don't notice any difference other than that it won't take my themes and half my AddOns, be it 3.7 or 3.6 newer than 3.6 beta 2.

Innuendo:
What have you noticed since beta 2?  I'm just curious.-MilesAhead (December 08, 2009, 06:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

Like I said, the taskbar preview is now working 100% now in Windows 7. No more endless progress 'circles'. With the add-on compatibility reporter everything seems to work except DragIt. I'll have to come up with a temporary solution till DragIt is updated.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version