ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Minefield(Firefox) 3.7Pre seems to work

<< < (3/8) > >>

dantheman:
Woonderbar again!

Thanks Innuendo!

MilesAhead:
btw if any of you like to use AutoCopy AddOn, I use it in both the browser and Thunderbird, it seems often in the upgrade cycle that the latest one may not work, but one version old is smooth.  At least it's happened to me a few times.  If you can't get it to go even with the version override, try one or two versions back in the chain.  When I'm notified AutoCopy has a new version available I never do the update.  Seems more often than not it breaks it.

As you go along there seem to be "milestone" updates that work and you gradually get closer to current. That's been my experience with it anyway. :)

MilesAhead:
Hmmmmmm, having just looked in Task Manager it looks like Minefield isn't such a pig on 32 bit Windows Seven, but on Vista64 with the same pages open it uses about 1 1/2 times the working set as 3.6 beta.  Not ready for prime time.  Looking up the features supposedly at some point 3.7 will get plug-ins like Flash into another process space so that they don't crash Firefox when they have a problem.

It will be interesting to see what shakes out.  On Vista64 though, there's no jump list or any speed increase I can see that would justify running it.  Don't know if the plug-in insulation is active yet.  The "official" 3.6 beta is supposed to be released tomorrow(Wed. Oct 28) from what I see online.  I may give it a twirl on Vista64.

MrCrispy:
Doesn't Minefield have taskbar previews for each tab on Windows 7 (like IE)? I tried it out some time ago and now I can't remember if it was builtin or not. I'm running 3.6 beta right now and am happy with it, I didin't see any speed improvements in Minefield and it was unstable on my pc.

MilesAhead:
Speaking of 3.6 beta, the latest was supposed to be available for download today.  I don't see it anywhere.  Newest I can find is Oct. 19 build.

Anything in the Minefield nightly builds you have to try day by day until you find a good one.  Then hold onto that installer.  If you update and it's sour, regress to the good build.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version