topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 3:25 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Combining 2 or more DC codes to work together (BatteryRun+PowerScheme)  (Read 6786 times)

paarkhi

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Friends,
Starting here a discussion whether anyone has combined 2 or more DC codes to work together and if yes then they can post it here for the benefit of others
Let me post the first I don't know whether it'll be useful for you or not but sometimes it is for me....(Mainly for Laptop users)

Here i have taken Skrommel's BatteryRun and Skwire's PowerschemeToggler

So now the BatteryRun toggles my PowerScheme whenever the power goes off and if it is running....
Thought might help someone...

How can it be achieved...
1) Download both codes and keep the PowerSchemeToggler in the same folder of BatteryRun and run it.
2) Set your desired Powerschemes, make it for example 1)PowerSaveer 2)High Performance.
3) Run cmd window and open the BatteryRun Folder to run BatteryRun.exe
4) Type exact command given here... Suppose you have BatteryRun.exe in C:\user\batteryrun then
    C:\user\BatteryRun>batteryrun.exe "powerschemetoggler.exe -toggle" "powerschemetoggler.exe -toggle"
5) -toggle is the command with powerschemetoggler.exe to toggle powerschemes, you can generate a shortcut from the main program to toggle
    if you don't want to use it with BatteryRun.

If any other user has come across combining 2 DC utilities or Codes, Kindly post them here for others...
Hope you Enjoy!!!
Thanking you all for bearing with me and reading this post until the end.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 12:17 AM by paarkhi »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Combining 2 or more DC codes to work together
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 12:38 AM »
That's very clever actually.
[My Toshiba laptop has something like this included in a proprietary utility -- and there may be other free tools designed specifically for this].

I wonder if it's worth combining the two utilities into one, and including some more options that could do things like change the wallpaper color to help identify the current mode.

Perry Mowbray

• N.A.N.Y. Organizer
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I wonder if it's worth combining the two utilities into one, and including some more options that could do things like change the wallpaper color to help identify the current mode.

Actually, this is specifically what I designed AMPL for, so that you could have various settings in different scripts and select the one you want in FARR