Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site October 01, 2014, 03:23:01 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Your Support Funds this Site: View the Supporter Yearbook.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Unauthorized Contest: Who's been the most helpful in the last 3 months?  (Read 5646 times)
tinjaw
Supporting Member

I'm so glad breakbeat techno isn't an illegal drug

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: October 24, 2009, 02:14:59 PM »

I want to try out Rypple.com. It is a way to get anonymous feedback. In order to motivate you folks to help me experiment, I am holding a contest. Please respond to my question on Rypple with who you feel has been the most helpful (defined any way you want to define it) Donation Coder member in the past 3 months or so.

I will collect feedback until November 15 - National Philanthropy Day and then donate $10 Donation Credits to the member with the most votes. The only "rule" in this unofficial unauthorized unbelievable contest is that you can't vote for me or mouser.  Cool

Thank you for your help.

Josh
Charter Honorary Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2009, 02:51:42 PM »

Who would vote for mouser anyways ;-)

Strength in Knowledge
cranioscopical
Friend of the Site
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2009, 03:22:24 PM »

Who would vote for mouser anyways ;-)
mouser?

Chris
skwire
Charter Member

Another Coding Snack request? Om nom nom...

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2009, 03:29:13 PM »

+1 for Cody.

Shades

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2009, 04:55:00 PM »

For a free DC membership I would vote on Mouser   tongue
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2009, 06:43:42 PM »

after 500 posts you've earned it  thumbs up
Shades

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2009, 09:18:08 PM »

Just finished holding up my end of the deal by voting for you Mouser.

Thanks again  Thmbsup
f0dder
Charter Honorary Member

[Well, THAT escalated quickly!]

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2009, 02:57:57 AM »

Going to be interesting to see the results smiley

- carpe noctem
jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2009, 08:24:55 AM »

I'd love to see the number of votants too Wink
I already cast mine cheesy

ljbirns
Charter Member

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2009, 11:15:29 AM »

Can a person  vote more than once ?   That would  skew your feedback.  Can YOU tell if a person votes more than once ?

Lew

Lew
tinjaw
Supporting Member

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2009, 11:28:27 AM »

Can a person  vote more than once ?   That would  skew your feedback.  Can YOU tell if a person votes more than once ?

Lew

Good Question. I need to look on the Rypple website.

UPDATE:

The more I thought about it there more I believe there is none. The reason is that Rypple is not a voting system. It is a feedback system. So this is not a "supported feature".

So, yes, this "contest" can be rigged. But I think DCers will not do such a thing as it is not in the nature of the group here to do such things.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 11:39:07 AM by tinjaw » Logged

app103
That scary taskbar girl
Global Moderator

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2009, 11:30:22 AM »

Can a person  vote more than once ?   That would  skew your feedback.  Can YOU tell if a person votes more than once ?

Lew

The only thing that stands in the way of someone voting twice is a browser cookie.

zridling
Friend of the Site
Charter Member

Linux captive

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2009, 11:54:35 AM »

40hz for me.

rypple says I need to register.

- zaine (on Google+)
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2009, 12:41:09 PM »

i know i sound like the person who won't let the kids keep score in kickball so as not to hurt anyone's feelings, but still i feel compelled to say that i don't like these things that make us pick one person on the forum that is more helpful than others.
tomos
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2009, 01:08:04 PM »

after voting it asks you to login/register - it's not clear has the vote been accepted (?)

Tom
Darwin
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2009, 01:32:46 PM »

@Tom - I think they're just trying to get you to sign up for an account. Above that request is a note saying "Thank you for submitting feedback to Chaim", or words to that effect. It's all good!

"Some people have a way with words, other people,... oh... have not way" - Steve Martin
tinjaw
Supporting Member

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2009, 02:14:15 PM »

i know i sound like the person who won't let the kids keep score in kickball so as not to hurt anyone's feelings, but still i feel compelled to say that i don't like these things that make us pick one person on the forum that is more helpful than others.

My belief is that we all have good day and bad days. Sometimes I am here on a daily basis posting helpful answers several times per day and other times I have nothing to add. Am I a valuable member of the community overall? I think so. Am I the most helpful person today? This week? This month? Most likely not.

The point being that we are not saying that one person is helpful alone and that nobody else compares. We are only recognizing the extraordinary efforts that some individual has put for over a short period of recent time. We're not saying that anybody is better than anybody else; but, like the touchy-feely-everyone-is-special-people say, we're just saying that recently one star is shinning a bit brighter than the others.

tinjaw
Supporting Member

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2009, 02:16:09 PM »

40hz for me.

Can you double check that please. You shouldn't have to. They do ask you to, but it isn't required.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.057s | Server load: 0.05 ]