ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Putting All My (Legally Obtained) Music Online

<< < (4/5) > >>

deliriumservers:
I personally use JukeFly which has worked very well for me.  It runs a very small server that indexes your files (windows) and going to jukefly.com and logging in gives you a nice flash interface to all your files.  I personally like their older GUIs that didn't have all the youtube add ins and such, but it generally works well. I use it since my music collection is larger than my laptop's tiny hard drive.  Their was talk of a mobile app for windows mobile or android but I never saw anything come of it.

Deozaan:
Anything they don't have, they make you actually upload. (make sure your collection is properly tagged!)
-app103 (October 24, 2009, 09:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

Unfortunately LaLa will still sometimes match a properly tagged file with something totally unrelated.

I like to listen to video game soundtracks and I had one song with the title simply of "Snow" and LaLa matched it with a song from Snow White. I've had others match with songs that are completely unrelated and have no words or anything in common with the song it was matched to except it is the same track number on the album. :-\

It's kind of frustrating when you go to listen to a song you love and some random stupid garbage track you never heard of and never want to hear starts playing. >:( Though I must admit I have gotten one good song I'd never heard before out of this common mismatching problem. :Thmbsup:

I e-mailed them about it and they just kind of said "Yeah, it does that sometimes. We're working on improving it but there's nothing you can do now to get the correct song uploaded."

And other times it will match a song to the wrong album. For example, sometimes it will match to a Single or if the artist has the same song on multiple albums, it will match the wrong album.

app103:
Well there is a way to force lala to accept your copy of the file for your library, but it involves completely changing the tags to something that does not exist (make up totally random stuff for artist-title-album) and doing a manual upload, one track at a time when you catch one that they messed up on.

After it is uploaded and in your library, edit it again to change it to what it should be.

I had to do this for a few live tracks that lala kept shoving the studio version in my library.

y0himba:
Here is an idea.  Install Winamp, with Winamp remote. Winamp Remote is just a scaled down version of Orb, without all the other stuff.  You can browse and play music, videos, and pictures, and it also works with my PS3.  I removed Orb and went with it.

tinjaw:
I've been using lala.com for a while now and I like it. And their business model works on me. I have already purchased music from them because it is so easy to do so.

Having said that though, my music wasn't well organized before I pushed it to lala and lala didn't improve things any. I purchased software months ago to organize my music once and for all, but despite several good starts I haven't found the time to organize it all.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version