ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Software license upgrade experiences: pricing, support & the stuff that matters

<< < (4/6) > >>

wr975:
Newsleecher is poo. Flying monkey poo.
--- End quote ---

It's nice to read such unbiased software recommendation. :down:

Newsleecher is the most popular Usenet client around these days. Users love it. Competition hates it. Thanks for confirming.

mouser:
there is some great competition in the newsreader clients - it's something id really like to organize a comprehensive review on.. but finding someone objective and knowledgeable enough to do one.. that's a nother matter.

wr975:
I think it'll be difficult to write a review about newsclients. Someone would need to use every available client for a longer time to know all its strengths and shortcomings. And then of course be unbiased.  :-\

Being objective I'd say, the most powerful client is Usenet Explorer... But the GUI needs major work. I really tried, but I can't work with it. 

m_s:
My favorite company at the moment is Ritlabs, who recently released The Bat! Voyager, and have made it a free download for all The Bat! Pro owners... (http://www.ritlabs.com/en/products/voyager/) It's so great having my favorite email program in my pocket!

And least favorite: Stardock, who released WindowBlinds 5 three months after I bought 4.6, and want me to pay $15 to upgrade.  Grrr.

dtrud0h:
Darwin,
  You might want to download a cached copy of the comparison chart from google, or somewhere and shove it back in their face, prefferably one from the day you made your purchase.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version