ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What's your favorite launch bar? Your favorite features? Missing Features?

<< < (18/21) > >>

J-Mac:
Wow - long thread! I didn't want to read all through it - again, as I am sure I read this earlier.

I don’t know if FARR counts for this but that is how I launch my programs most often. Next most often used is LaunchBar Commander. And no, I'm not trying to butter up mouser!

I have had a license for ObjectDock Plus for years but it stopped development and I'm pretty sure the new version that does eventually come out will be associated with Stardock's Impulse engine, meaning you will have to install that in order to use ObjectDock. I had that installed for a year and frankly I don’t like it. Intrusive adware IMO, though I know Brad would beg to differ.

Jim

wraith808:
Impulse isn't all that bad to me.  It's not something I keep running all the time, but I'd not go the route of saying it's adware...

J-Mac:
Impulse isn't all that bad to me.  It's not something I keep running all the time, but I'd not go the route of saying it's adware...
-wraith808 (April 08, 2010, 03:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

At first I didn't call it that but after a while it seemed to be strongly pushing their games, which I don’t use. After my last Object Desktop subscription ran out a few months ago I didn't renew, but I still used ObjectDock Plus (since I purchased that outright about five years ago) and Fences. However when Fences required an update it automatically - and silently - reinstalled Impulse. Didn't mention it to me at all. And every now and then it would pop up after a reboot and since I wasn’t using any of the apps in it all I would see were invitations to download their PC games. I didn't ask for Impulse then, I never actively started it up, it was never in my startup config...  Maybe I just use different terminology than you but I call that adware.

Thank you.

Jim

Innuendo:
I have had a license for ObjectDock Plus for years but it stopped development and I'm pretty sure the new version that does eventually come out will be associated with Stardock's Impulse engine, meaning you will have to install that in order to use ObjectDock.-J-Mac (April 08, 2010, 01:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

Guess ObjectDock Plus development has started back up. I noticed on their web site that v2.0 is in beta. I have to agree with you, though. Impulse re-installing itself behind your back is rather shady behavior.

J-Mac:
I have had a license for ObjectDock Plus for years but it stopped development and I'm pretty sure the new version that does eventually come out will be associated with Stardock's Impulse engine, meaning you will have to install that in order to use ObjectDock.-J-Mac (April 08, 2010, 01:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

Guess ObjectDock Plus development has started back up. I noticed on their web site that v2.0 is in beta. I have to agree with you, though. Impulse re-installing itself behind your back is rather shady behavior.
-Innuendo (April 08, 2010, 10:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

2.0 has been in beta for over a year now. Impulse always said that an update was available - the 2.0 beta - but the download page was always a 404 error page instead.

Also I believe that Stardock now states that Impulse will be installed when you install any other Stardock app. They got a ton of heat of the stealth downloads/installs.

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version