ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What's your favorite launch bar? Your favorite features? Missing Features?

<< < (2/21) > >>

nudone:
a little request if that's okay...

with the new launch bar, is it possible for it to also list which programs are currently running - like the taskbar - or is that not really what a launch bar should be for?

i just ask as i find that most of the time the windows taskbar is fine but when i'm running full screen programs like photoshop (in full screen mode) i lose the taskbar. no big problem of course i can use 'alt+tab' or the 'win' key to flick over to other running programs or get to the taskbar.

but you know what a lazy swine i can be - sometimes using the other hand is just too much for me - i'd love to be able to just hit the edge of the screen (or a corner) with the cursor and see a list of other programs that are running and then just click the one i want to bring forward.

i'm sure there must be something that does this already (i'm almost sure that i must have tried such a program in the past but i can't remember what they were) but if there isn't then i'm just asking if such a method could be included into the new launch bar?

tinyvillager:
 Would object dock from stardock be considered in the launch bar catagory?Anyways i have Object dock.It's a little
iffy.I'm looking forward to seeing what DC's lauchbar will be like.It wouldn't take much for me to ditch Object dock.

I bought a whole suite of Stardock stuff like six months ago,windowsblinds,Object dock,uninstalled windowsblinds,
and from the looks of their forums i'm not gonna upgrade.You ever see a forum of a software product that's gone
bad,lynchings almost accure and effigies of software programmers are set ablaze... almost.Every front post
on stardock's forums are negatives.Divx went through the same thing when they fazed out Dr. Divx and replaced
it with a frills encoder.You rip a kid out of twenty bucks man you better change your address,lol.Dr. Divx is back
btw.

nudone:
interesting to read that about stardock, tinyvillager. i was on the verge of getting windowblinds - just to brighten things up a bit, but i'll definitely not bother now.

Ampa:
Since the release of Find&RunRobot all launchbars have gone from my PC, and I just can't see a need for them anymore.

Ampa

rjbull:
Not sure it's quite the same thing but I use Horst Schaeffer's PopSel and QSel for quick launching programs

http://home.mnet-online.de/horst.muc/

then go to Launchers.  Tiny, fast and free.  I've been fascinated by Horst's programs for over ten years.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version