ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Anybody Here Use SeaMonkey (2.0)?

(1/3) > >>

tinjaw:
I see that RC2 of SeaMonkey is now out. I haven't used SeaMonkey in the past; instead using Firefox and Thunderbird side-by-side.

I am interested in using SeaMonkey for the added convenience of an integrated solution, but am afraid that I will not be able to use all of the wonderful Firefox extensions that I have come to depend on.

What has been your experience with SeaMonkey and it's ability to use Firefox extensions? Has anybody that has used the Firefox-Thunderbird combo also used SeaMonkey? How do they compare?

Tuxman:
My Firefox extension works with SeaMonkey.  ;D
Except for that, I mainly use Fx/Tb. The "added convenience of an integrated solution" doesn't really satisfy me, as it is rather unflexible indeed.

rgdot:
I am not sure where the lack of flexibility comes from?
I remember back in the early days Firefox (Firebird) when the decision was made to separate the apps every one was talking about bloat but I never understood why two programs instead of one is less strain on any system. Seamonkey wasn't and isn't hogging my memory/CPU any more than even Thunderbird by itself let alone Firefox which...well the memory usage of Firefox is well documented.

To answer the OP, I have very few extensions installed on my Seamonkey but anything I have tried has worked.

Curt:
- rgdot, do forgive me, but I would very much like you to spell out if you are using the new 2.0RC or the "old" stable 1.1.18 version, please? Or more precisely, I want of course to know if 2.0RC has turned out to be stable?

rgdot:
Yes 2.0, since the day it was available:

Build identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.4) Gecko/20091017 SeaMonkey/2.0

No stability issues that I have seen and I do use it daily, however not as primary browser. I held out longer than most but did eventually move to Firefox.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version