ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Circle Dock

CircleDock icons have DISAPPEARED!!!

(1/2) > >>

ScottK:
I've  been using CircleDock for some time now on Vista SP2 and it worked excellently...until today.

I had rebooted my system, and when CircleDock started, the icons were rotating *VERY* rapidly. I do have a wheel-mouse (MS Natural Wireless Mouse 7000), and there was no way possible for me to control the speed or direction of the scrolling.

I killed CircleDock, restarted it, and now all of my icons have disappeared. I checked C:\Program Files\CircleDock\System\Settings\DockItemData.ini and it appears that all of the icons / objects are listed, but no joy on having them displayed or accessable on CircleDock.

Short of having to totally re-install CircleDock, are there any settings I can change in either the .ini files or settings in CircleDock? I am running 0.9.2. Alpha 7.

Thanks!

Rigel:
Hi,
  Strange problem. It's not simple to reconstruct dameged ini file. Before manually solution you can try to backup your CD, download latest version, install in different directory and then paste the Settings\DockItemData.ini file in the new CD (pay attention).

Manually solution 1 (very hard):
In DockItemData.ini
item or dock i in base folder i=0 to (n-1) where n is the number of icons in your base CD, example [1] for item 1
[i-k] item i is a dock folder and item k in dock folder k=0 to (m-1) where m is the number of icons in dock folder, example [3-5] item 3 is a dock folder and 5 is the sixth item in dock folder (sixth becouse the items starts from 0)
(now more difficult)
[i-k-x-...-z] recursively item i is dock folder, in dock folder i item k is a dock folder and in k item x is a dock folder and so until z that is an item of the last level dock.
Be careful: for every item there is this value Order=i where i=1 to n where n is the number of icons in a base or dock folder, the items must not have the same value and the value must to be consecutive from 1 to n.

Manually solution 2:
Rename all item consecutively [0] [1] [2] .. [n-1] and order=1,2,3, n (order = item i +1) and then reconstruct the dock folder in CD Markam version where you can move item between dock folder.

Good luck  :D

Uhwhatever:
It happened to me to, BUT look just below your address bar and you will see "compatibilty Files" click and they will be back in veiw.

ScottK:
So, it looks like the best solution would be to just re-install CD.

@Uhwhatever: I don't see any "address bar" with a "Compatibility Files" box in CircleDock. If you're talking about the properties sheet for circledock.exe and enabling "Compatibility mode", I've already done that: I don't post questions in such forums until I've exhausted all other avenues and possibilities of resolving such issues.

Markham:
Please post the contents of you DockItemData.ini file which you'll find in the the System->Settings folder under Circle Dock. I've a feeling it will be empty - ie you've (inadvertantly) deleted all the items from your Dock.

Mark

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version