topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 3:16 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: InstallAware Complimentary License Announcement  (Read 3790 times)

kwacky1

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • i am Cody's cousin
    • View Profile
    • CrazyLittleWebsite
    • Donate to Member
InstallAware Complimentary License Announcement
« on: October 22, 2009, 04:55 AM »
In a recent blog comment on Deployment Engineering, Sinan Karaca posted:

In fact, anybody reading this blog and wanting to check out just how revolutionary InstallAware is, send sales at installaware.com an email with the subject "Painter License" and we'll send out a complimentary Developer license your way. Till this Friday only :)

Cheers,
Sinan

Source: http://blog.deploymentengineering.com/2009/10/installaware-complimentary-license.html

mwb1100

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: InstallAware Complimentary License Announcement
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2009, 10:55 PM »
Thanks for the pointer - I took advantage of the offer, though I hope I never find myself on the wrong end of a technical support query  (search for various blog/forum postings about the company's treatment of customers or potential customers - some of the stories are literally difficult to believe).

kwacky1

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • i am Cody's cousin
    • View Profile
    • CrazyLittleWebsite
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2009, 07:56 AM »
The InstallAware offer has now closed.
The offer started on Tuesday and went until Friday. During that period this blog had 1379 page loads from 859 unique visitors. Sinan Karaca reports to me that they gave away 56 free licenses worth $83,944.00.

See http://blog.deployme...ve-away-results.html for details.

Jibz

• Developer
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 09:48 AM »
Just for reference, I mailed them Thursday requesting a license, and they replied "Sure! What is your company name?". When I replied Friday, they told me I was too late.

Their software is too advanced for my needs anyway, so I am not really fussed about not getting a license, but I thought the way they handled it was .. interesting.