ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Reporting myself to a moderator

(1/3) > >>

mwb1100:
There have been a few times when I've posted a message that later I decided was less than helpful (invariably just seconds after I've bit the submit button).  As far as I can tell there's no way for me to do that, and even when I tried to report myself to a moderator for deletion, I get this response:

You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!
--- End quote ---

Maybe the powers-that-be can enable the 'delete this message' button for posts that belong to a user - surely SMF (or whatever forum software this is) has that capability?

Or someone can point me to the button that I'm blind to and I can use it to delete this message...

4wd:
Couldn't you just edit everything out of the message and replace it with:

or

Personally, I think this would be better as just deleting posts disrupts the flow of the thread, (considering how many here seem to have no life and can respond to a post quicker than you could reach for a delete button :P ).

f0dder:
Imho it's silly of SMF that you can't report your own posts - there's been a few times over the years where I've been in doubt whether something I posted was appropriate (or whatever), and imho it makes a lot of sense to report with a "take a look at that"... or if you end up doing a double-post or...

mouser:
agree -- ill remove the block.

mwb1100:
agree -- ill remove the block.
-mouser (October 21, 2009, 03:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

I just tried again - unsuccessfully...

Am I the only one who sometimes regrets posts they've made?  :P  At least it looks like it's been a while.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version