topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 10:24 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Never Show Tray Icon / run&close  (Read 4615 times)

AbteriX

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Never Show Tray Icon / run&close
« on: October 19, 2009, 07:57 AM »
Hard to search for this so i just ask:

1.)
On "Docking Bar > Miscellaneous" i need an option like " [ ] Never Show Tray Icon"

I just want to start LBC, start an tool, and close the bar which should exit LBC completely and not minimize to tray "only".
That would help too, being working on other pc with Thump-Drive, run LBC, and don't forget it is still running while going home.

2.)
I could even use an feature like run-and-close: start an tool while trigger key (Ctrl ?) is pressed and exit LBC at once.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Never Show Tray Icon / run&close
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 08:15 AM »
If i added a commandline arguement to run LBC (and optionally specify a .mcf file) and close after you launch an item or hit escape, would that do what you want?

Out of curiousity, are you planning on actually having it docked to the screen with this configuration? that seems a little strange.. like what you would really want is to show a menu or a pop-up square box of icons or something, centered on the screen or at mouse.

AbteriX

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 03:47 PM »
Ups  :-\ sorry for the late reply, i forgot it.

M> If i added a commandline argument to run LBC (and optionally specify a .mcf file)
M> and close after you launch an item or hit escape, would that do what you want?
I think it is not wise to launch LBC in different modes.
Just an another button while in non-docked mode would be nice: the [X]-button could close LBC completely (my wish),
and an new to add [_] minimize-button could do what the [X]-button does right now: minimize to tray.

And ESC-key to remove LBC from memory as addition option would be nifty too.
(i want to drop my "launchTool-and-close" request now, i think i didn't really need this)

M> are you planning on actually having it docked to the screen with this configuration?
No, not docking, just start LBC and pop-up an dialog - chose an item, or two or three - close LBC.

But...
i can even imaging to decide  now-or-then to dock LBC for an moment till i want to launch the next tool.... and close LBC then (via context menu).
Wouldn't be that nifty to decide at start-time if i want to dock... or just pick an item and close LBC.
But that is only an "nice to have"... not an really request.

I want to use LBC on an USB-Stick --- e.g. from an button on an file manager menu-bar.
I feed LBC with all my tools and point to folders with an lot of executables, like Sysinternals or NirSoft tools.
Like PStart-Tool or like that does (that gives an other idea... i will open an new post for that)
So i plan for this issue not to let LBC run the whole day and let the tray-icon wait for me.

M> like what you would really want is to show a menu or a pop-up square box of icons or something,
Right.

M> centered on the screen or at mouse.
Good addition.
"centered on the screen"  would be enough for my habit of use.

Thanks for the "open ear".

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2009, 04:57 PM »
Just an another button while in non-docked mode would be nice: the [X]-button could close LBC completely (my wish),
and an new to add [_] minimize-button could do what the [X]-button does right now: minimize to tray.

not bad idea at all, though we should note that both of these functions are available from right click.