topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 5:48 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Is there a way: Global edit of drive letters + more?  (Read 4153 times)

wrwetzel

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Is there a way: Global edit of drive letters + more?
« on: November 07, 2009, 01:54 PM »
After using LBC for a few weeks I find that I would like to make a small change in the folder layout of my portable applications. All are presently located in J:\bin. I would like to move them to J:\proot\bin or some variant thereof. LBC has no trouble finding apps when the drive letter changes but it is a different matter when the drive letter and folder changes. Is there some way to make a global change as described above. Better yet, I would prefer to replace J:\bin with "%APPDIR%\..\" so that I can easily change my mind yet again.

I had hoped to find the configuration stored in an ascii xml file or similar that I could edit with a text editor, but I found none.

Any way to make this global change without having to go through all of my configured apps, one by one? Alternatively, any way to get an editable configuration file?

Thanks much,
Bill

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Is there a way: Global edit of drive letters + more?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2009, 04:58 PM »
Sorry for the late reply.. I need to add this, and you're thinking matches mine -- the best solution might be export to xml and import from xml, and let users do these kinds of changes in a text editor.  This would have the added benefit of adding an export to xml option which i am trying to add to all of my apps.