ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

How to capture status bar text in Firefox v3.5.3

(1/2) > >>

bumblefoot2004:
IDEA: I am looking for a program that can capture all of the text that appears in Firefox's status bar (v3.5.3). I want to capture the text so I can then manually enter web addresses in AdBlock Plus (as filters). After a filter is activated AdBlock Plus blocks all traffic from the addresses, which makes web surfing a lot faster since garbage websites are summarily blocked from transmitting anything to your web browser. The problem is that the text that appears in the status bar appears and then disappears so quickly. Some of the referenced web pages can take a long time to respond, which means the web browser sits idle, doing nothing until the unwanted page finally responds.

An example webpage that I have noticed is frequently linked to the page I'm viewing is something like www.google.analytics.com -> sounds like google is tracking my every move, in order to serve up ads.

Perhaps someone can make an app that captures all text that appears in a specific region of the screen (of course, user-definable)? That might be more useful than just capturing status bar text. Plus it would be able to capture text in other browsers, etc.

Hopefully my request doesn't sound totally retarded. Thanks to everyone who replies.

housetier:
you can use the extension noscript to stop google analytics.

And I strongly doubt that domain has something to do with google...

Innuendo:
Even better, use the extension Ghostery. In addition to Google Analytics it will block 190+ trackers from watching your every move. (And it beats having to set up rules for each and every one in NoScript).

bumblefoot2004:
Many thanks to housetier and Innuendo for your replies. What I really am looking for is something that captures all of the text that appears in the Firefox status bar (or any other web browsers); I just want to know what webpages are loaded or referenced whenever I visit a page. I'm sorry for not being clearer about what I'm looking for.

awopbamboo:
This seems easy enough, I'm happy to do this?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version