topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 12:03 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Custom Icons in StandaloneStack - How do I do it?  (Read 8205 times)

ebennetthill

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Custom Icons in StandaloneStack - How do I do it?
« on: October 17, 2009, 10:13 PM »
I'm having a good time playing with Circle Dock and Standalone Stack. It works very nicely, very smooth and accurate.

I can't figure out how to use the Custom Icons for Standalone Stack. I am using StandaloneStack2.exe. I have the "Use custom icons" option checked. But...
  • I don't know what to name the subdirectory - "Custom Icons" or the same name as my stack.
  • I'm not sure where to put it -In the folder with StandaloneStack2.exe is or in the stack folder?
  • And I'm not sure what to name the png files. For instance, if I have a file named "Daily Schedule.xls", is the png named "Daily Schedule.png" or ".xls.png"?

Nothing I've tried has worked yet. Thanks for helping me figure this out.

sgtevmckay

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
  • Magis Esse
    • View Profile
    • Rainmeter
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Custom Icons in StandaloneStack - How do I do it?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2009, 10:50 PM »
Welcome

I am sorry to say that I do not use the stacks Option and I am currently restarting the tutorial I started back in April (March?), I have not gotten to this function as of yet.

So I am instantly no help, but hopefully some of the folks that do use eh stacks will be by to help.

Have Faith friend, some one will help  :Thmbsup:

rgdot

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2009, 11:06 PM »
I am not sure if you have this screen or not because I am not extremely familiar with standalonestack but it may be helpful
2009-10-18_000124.jpg

ebennetthill

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2009, 10:19 AM »
Thanks rgdot, that helps me some. For some reason that screen (Settings>Options) left off the word "images" on my installation?? Now I have some more possibilities to play with.
Screenshot - 10_18_2009 , 11_08_17 AM.png

ebennetthill

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2009, 03:30 PM »
rgdot's reply really worked for me.

The Images folder goes in the same "Miscellaneous" folder as StandaloneStack2.exe (C:\Program Files\Circle Dock\System\Miscellaneous\Images). Since my Stack folder was all shortcut links, I named the PNG files the same as the documents or programs, and voila, pretty, bright, clear icons in my stack grid. I did try the ".[extension].png" method of showing the PNG files too, and that worked, but as I said, all of my stack were *.lnk so that wasn't useful for me.