ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What books are you reading?

<< < (185/212) > >>

c.gingerich:
The Martian
Harry Potter Series

MilesAhead:
The Time Axis

An entertaining short SciFi novel.  One nice thing about the way it is written is that rather than delving into microscopic techno detail the descriptions of future tech are sufficiently vague that the plot should not seem dated.  A hundred years from now it should still be a good read.

Target:
just finished 'Sea of Rust' by C. Robert Cargill.

What books are you reading?

It's a somewhat different take on a post apocalyptic world where our robot overlords have risen up

a very enjoyable read...

mouser:
Welcome, gorens.

Your post reminded me to post.

I have recently been reading a ton of "relationship" books lately.. At least a half dozen of them.  These are self-help type books with different theories of, and advice about, relationships with your significant other.

Growing up I never gave much thought to such things, and never spent significant time "working" on having a relationship.  I just figured it would all come naturally.  And I am mostly a loner, and happy that way, so I have never been overly concerned with making a relationship "last".  Now almost 50 years old I find myself shocked that these kinds of relationship and self-help subjects aren't taught in school.  Some really useful life lessons and advice...

As to why I've been reading so much about making a relationship work lately.. Well that will have to wait for another day and another post.  But in the next few days I will try to post some mini-reviews about the books I have been reading.  I encourage everyone, whether currently in a relationship or not, to read some books on making a relationship work -- the earlier in your life the better.

wraith808:
Welcome, gorens.

Your post reminded me to post.

I have recently been reading a ton of "relationship" books lately.. At least a half dozen of them.  These are self-help type books with different theories of, and advice about, relationships with your significant other.

Growing up I never gave much thought to such things, and never spent significant time "working" on having a relationship.  I just figured it would all come naturally.  And I am mostly a loner, and happy that way, so I have never been overly concerned with making a relationship "last".  Now almost 50 years old I find myself shocked that these kinds of relationship and self-help subjects aren't taught in school.  Some really useful life lessons and advice...

As to why I've been reading so much about making a relationship work lately.. Well that will have to wait for another day and another post.  But in the next few days I will try to post some mini-reviews about the books I have been reading.  I encourage everyone, whether currently in a relationship or not, to read some books on making a relationship work -- the earlier in your life the better.
-mouser (May 27, 2018, 12:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

Or go to a therapist or counselor.  It's amazing what you can find out just from having a safe space to talk about such things.  I wish I'd figured that out earlier.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version