ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What books are you reading?

<< < (175/212) > >>

panzer:
I'm not sure what @panzer means by "dumped"
-IainB (June 06, 2017, 08:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

Dumped -  not finished.
-panzer (June 06, 2017, 02:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

I have a hard time doing that with a book.  Currently, I'm reading the Magicians by Lev Grossman, and the TV show is actually better IMO... the book is rather a slog.  But I'm still trying.
-wraith808 (June 06, 2017, 02:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

I have 900+ books on the list so if I don't like a partiicular book, I just stop reading it and start reading another one. I mean, why bother?

MilesAhead:
MilesAhead - I actually never realized Daniel Craig was not "tall/tough". I actually enjoyed his portrayal as Bond, I thought he was one of the better Bonds, excluding Sean Connery of course.

-exjoburger (June 06, 2017, 01:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

Wow!  This is weird.  I remembered a quote from the guy who played the "wire in the watch" killer "Grant" in From Russia With Love that Connery was so much bigger that he had to stand on a box to film the fight scenes.  When I just visited IMDB it has Robert Shaw from The Sting and Jaws as Grant.  I guess I didn't recognize him because he had blond hair in From Russia With Love.  When I was a teenager I must have watched that film a dozen times.  I never made the connection to Robert Shaw when I saw his other films.

wraith808:
I'm not sure what @panzer means by "dumped"
-IainB (June 06, 2017, 08:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

Dumped -  not finished.
-panzer (June 06, 2017, 02:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

I have a hard time doing that with a book.  Currently, I'm reading the Magicians by Lev Grossman, and the TV show is actually better IMO... the book is rather a slog.  But I'm still trying.
-wraith808 (June 06, 2017, 02:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

I have 900+ books on the list so if I don't like a partiicular book, I just stop reading it and start reading another one. I mean, why bother?

-panzer (June 07, 2017, 04:03 AM)
--- End quote ---

It might get better... I've had that happen before.

panzer:
That's true sometimes.

panzer:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version