ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What books are you reading?

<< < (112/212) > >>

rjbull:
Wounding the World: How Military Violence and War-Play Invade Our Lives by Joanna Bourke, Professor of History at Birkbeck, University of London.
- how militarism and the horrific injuries caused by modern weapons are euphemised, sanitised, obfuscated, and distanced by treatment as abstract theoretical problems, to normalise a permanent state of war.

40hz:
Thinking, Fast and Slow by David Kahneman.

A book on how we think (duh!). It's excellent. Read it! :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:

Curt:
Thinking-Fast-Slow-by David Kahneman.
It's excellent. Read it! :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: -40hz (February 13, 2015, 09:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

^ +1  :up:

f0dder:
Just finished The Psychopath Test, which was a nice read. Jon Ronson has an engaging and humorous writing style, without feeling crude or silly, given the somewhat serious topic.

Next up is Halting State, while I'm waiting for the paperback edition of The Rhesus Chart to become available. I have the rest of the laundry files in that format, so getting the hardcover edition would clash with the rest of series in the bookshelf :P

wraith808:
Currently, I'm re-reading the Demon Cycle by Peter V Brett- preparing for the new book to come out later this month.  If you've not read them, they're very good.

I'm also reading Point of Impact- the movie that Shooter (with Mark Wahlberg) was based on.  Definitely very different a much more engaging than the movie.

I'm also reading Promise of Blood by McClellan- promises to be a very good series.  

As I read very fast, I try to read multiple books at once in order to string each one of them out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version