ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What books are you reading?

<< < (67/212) > >>

kyrathaba:
To be honest, I didn't even scroll up and read your post, 40hz. My post was in support of the bravery I perceive Nigel to have shown by standing up to what he perceived as such an attack. I wanted him to know that there is at least one other Christian on this site of thousands. I still haven't read any of the posts before Nigel's. My intent is not to cast any aspersions on you or anyone else, but simply to encourage Nigel in his faith and in being brave in a world that has largely lost faith.

40hz:
in a world that has largely lost faith.
-kyrathaba (August 30, 2012, 09:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

That much I think we can all agree is a problem, regardless of our degree of belief or which form it may take. :)

NigelH:
40hz, with regard to human behavior, you're quite right - I expressed a similar notion.

As for "Theological discussion and debate, in actual practice, is something best left to professionals.", that is a disastrous assumption to make.
The "professionals" themselves have caused much of the problem.
That's not to say there should not be professionals, just that what they say should be weighed against what is written.
Again, I'm referring only to the Bible.
There is no other divinely inspired book.

ewemoa:
In an effort to reduce the number of books around the abode, trying (again) to get through the following:

* The Fabric of the Cosmos
* de Bono's Thinking Course, Revised Edition
* The Second Brain
They are all turning out to be more interesting this time through...

f0dder:
As for delusion, unfortunately Richard Dawkins at the end of his life will discover to his eternal horror how deluded he really was.
The same comment applies to those who believe similarly.
[...]
Again, I'm referring only to the Bible.
There is no other divinely inspired book.
-NigelH
--- End quote ---
Goddamn, you religious people are so full of yourselves >_<

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version