ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What books are you reading?

<< < (58/212) > >>

Darwin:
Ha! I just dropped in here to recommend Arnaldur Indridason (I'm working through the Erlendur series) an see that rjbull has beaten me to it. I'm currently reading "Arctic Chill" (book number 4) and am very impressed with Indridason's plot development and "mood".

rjbull:
Ha! I just dropped in here to recommend Arnaldur Indridason (I'm working through the Erlendur series) an see that rjbull has beaten me to it. I'm currently reading "Arctic Chill" (book number 4) and am very impressed with Indridason's plot development and "mood". -Darwin (May 06, 2012, 08:54 AM)
--- End quote ---
It's a great series, and from the little I know of Iceland (I visited years ago on photographic holidays, and read a bit about it), the backdrop of the merciless landscape is exactly right.  Indridason had me worried with Outrage, the 7th in the series, in which Erlendur ominously doesn't feature, but I see there's now an eighth, Black Skies, to be published this June.

Not sure what it is with Scandinavian thriller writers, especially Jo Nesbo and Hakan Nesser.  Is everybody up there really so polite?  I mean, the detectives go to someone's house to interview them about a murder, but nothing can be done until they've all sat down and had a cup of coffee and a piece of cake!

cranioscopical:
I thought I was reading
thisPreventing Alzheimer's: Ways to Help Prevent, Delay, Detect, and Even Halt Alzheimer's Disease and OtherForms of Memory Loss by William Rodman Shankle and Daniel G. Amen
but now I'm not so sureā€¦

dragonmage:
Reading The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes on Google Play Books.

kyrathaba:
Just finished "Sundiver" by David Brin. Now reading "March Upcountry" by John Ringo.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version