ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What books are you reading?

<< < (4/212) > >>

TucknDar:
Currently "Battle Royale" and a few books on childhood in relation to my studies.

I've got a huge list of books (fiction) that I want to get through, too... looking forward to next summer when my studies will be over  8)

gpetrant:

(I started it back in 2002.  Unfortunately, I can't seem to motivate myself to finish it...and I'm also dealing with self-esteem issues too, now that I've put on a lot of weight.  Hopefully, no one will spoil the ending for me.  It's the trip journey that counts, not the denistation .)

PPLandry:
For recreational reading, I just finished Carlos Ruiz Zafon's The Shadow of the Wind.
-40hz (October 17, 2009, 07:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

+1 for Zafon's book. Great suspense in beautiful Barcelona!

Currently reading Michel Folco trilogy: http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Un_loup_est_un_loup

rjbull:
I've recently been reading the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich - 15
-tanis424 (October 17, 2009, 08:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

I gave up on those when they all began to seem the same - off-sage hot sex and on-stage comfort food...

rjbull:
Currently reading Kate Elliot's  "Traitors' Gate," third in her Crossroads series.  She's a good fantasist, but this one isn't to my mind as good as her earlier Crown of Stars sequence.  Before finding that one, I'd begun to think that fantasies set in pseudo-Mediaeval pseudo-North European milieus were, however enjoyable, using a paint-by-numbers public domain background.  Crown of Stars changed my view on that.  She used the very early Middle Ages, and made it grittily real, rather than starting from unconsidered hand-me-down retellings of Arthurian legend.  The marvellous inverted version of Christianity is fascinating and the character development is excellent.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version