ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What books are you reading?

<< < (86/212) > >>

40hz:
Book 3 throws all of that out. Suddenly, it's omniscient third person narration with countless points of view, few of which are familiar characters from the previous books. What started as survival horror is now a mashup of government conspiracy, tactical shooter and science fiction. Yeah, there's aliens in it now.
-allen (April 30, 2013, 10:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

:huh: Things like that make me wonder if the same author actually wrote it. Some publishers have this bad habit of convincing authors to franchise their name, and then supply a small team of writers to finish a series or write the half dozen sequels that follow the first two. :-\

kyrathaba:
There ought to be a law mandating disclosure when this is done.

40hz:
There ought to be a law mandating disclosure when this is done.
-kyrathaba (May 01, 2013, 07:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

Should - but there probably never will be. The institution of 'ghostwriter' is too well established and understood that any attempt to characterize the practice as misleading, or a form of false advertising, would probably be dismissed as "unnecessary and excessive government regulation" by our enlightened legislatures.

Unless, of course, Amazon and/or B&N objected to the practice - since those two are rapidly becoming the gatekeepers and de facto arbiters of the 'printed' word in North America.
 8)

mouser:
Just read a couple of books on Django in my ongoing quest to design the next best web framework..

kyrathaba:
Keep it up, mouser. Considering the mass adoption of Screenshot Captor, I believe you could do it. Man, what a LOT of work, though...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version