ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What books are you reading?

<< < (76/212) > >>

TaoPhoenix:
In the middle of my inventory, I discovered Alan Dean Foster's Codgerspace, about how a melted cheese sandwich proceeds to cause a factory to produce sentient machines. Hysterically silly fun : )

mahesh2k:
I was in halloween and fall mood for reading some illustrations and vintage books.

@40HZ, Have any suggestions on that?

40hz:
@mahesh2k - Not so much illustration or vintage, but some really good fall season choices:

Dragonfly by Frederick S. Durbin. A Halloween themed coming of age story that is one of the best things I've read in a long time.

Then there's Ray Bradbury's classic Something Wicked this Way Comes and The October Country

Also, for some reason I really can't say why, fall seems (to me) to be the ideal time to read (or reread) The Hobbit. I guess it's because Middle-earth always exists in a strange "forever autumn" whenever I visualize it in my mind.

And let's not forget Washington Irving's The Legend of Sleepy Hollow. Few ever captured the essence of a northeastern autumn better than that story did. Even without the ghostly elements, the descriptions and imagery are spot on.

Ah...New England and the Hudson River Valley! Autumn is what makes it all worthwhile. Here's an iPhone shot taken from in front of my GF's house yesterday. It's not too spectacular a fall from a New Englander's perspective this year - but it's still quite lovely.

What books are you reading?

:-*

mahesh2k:
Thanks, going to take a look :)

Ah the perfect autumn.  :up:

panzer:
The Great European Rip-off: How the Corrupt, Wasteful EU is Taking Control of Our Lives by David Craig

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version