ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What books are you reading?

<< < (41/212) > >>

kyrathaba:
I finished "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo".  Overall, I'd give the book 4.5/5.0 stars.  Well worth the read.

f0dder:
Enough fiction, let's get some tech books! :p

Currently digging through Jon Skeet's C# in Depth, 2nd edition, which I'm quite liking so far - getting to page 201 (the section about C# 2 iterator blocks) has taken two days. His writing style and tastefully applied humor works pretty well for me. It hasn't provided me with much new knowledge yet, but there's been some good "oooh, I see" moments, and Jon provides some nice insights along the way.

And I expect a fair amount of new knowledge when reaching the C# 3 and 4 parts; I've used a decent bit of LINQ here and there, but mostly regarded it as a black box of magic. Jon is the kind of guy who really likes playing with language features, and he's even done a blog series on Reimplementing LINQ to Objects.

PS: for those unfamiliar with Amazon's URL structure, the 10-digit number in the URL is the book's ISBN-10, not a referral link.

KynloStephen66515:

In British military intelligence, deniable operations is the most dangerous tightrope you can walk. Ex-SAS man, Nick Stone, has no choice in the matter. He may be tough, resourceful, ruthless, highly trained, but he still must do what his masters want, whatever that might be.

Sarah Greenwood is beautiful, steel-willed, intelligent, cunning - the only woman Stone has ever let under his guard. And now he's been sent to hunt her down...

As the pair are pursued through the backwoods of the American South, Stone's mission becomes a deadly game of cat and mouse, and a journey to the heart of a terrifying conspiracy to which only Sarah holds the key. And as the tension builds to breaking point, the two are led to a confrontation that echoes our worst nightmares.
--- End quote ---

Only about 4 pages into it, but as always, Andy starts with some good humour, which is always fun, and grips you into the story as much as all his other books :)

**edit**
Forgot to upload ther picture lol

KynloStephen66515:
Well, I now feel like an abused puppy...

The book was pretty awesome, but it felt like he got bored towards the end and tried to wrap it all up in 4 pages for no apparent reason.

Nice plot turn but felt a little rushed in places.

Being fiction, and going off his own memory, I guess it would be hard to recall every single event, but he managed to get 300+ pages out of it, so im sure he could have made the ending feel you suddenly got shot in the eye  :huh:

Darwin:
Being fiction, and going off his own memory, I guess it would be hard to recall every single event...-Stephen66515 (January 15, 2011, 03:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

Do you mean it's fiction or non-fiction? Or is it a fictionalization of real events? I read Andy McNabb's first couple of books and enjoyed them, but never got the impression that they were factual.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version