topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 9:58 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: [Donationware] Learn to Play Music by Ear - No previous knowledge required  (Read 3076 times)

Paul Keith

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Haven't really tested this but this was a recent featured torrent in Mininova:

http://www.mininova.org/tor/3048029

This is the definition under the torrent:

Official Site is Trainear.com, donate if it helps you! If you have mac or linux use the online version and just download the swf.

Video Tutorials
How playing by ear works
Getting started with my ear trainer
How the statistics section works

If you find any bugs or have suggestions contact me, my gmail username is jimmyruska.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
hmm.. is there a website for it somewhere? i wouldnt just download a random file from torrent.
if it's respectable it will have a website.

Paul Keith

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Yeah, it's in the quotes.

Trainear.com

Judging by the username and the definition, it's uploaded by the author.

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Featured torrents on most of the more popular reputable public trackers will promote legal torrents, unlike the questionable ones uploaded by most users.

Mostly small unknown bands and developers of freeware/donationware that the admins of the site feel needs a little attention. I know Demonoid often features various bands who intend for their music to be free, often with a Creative Commons license, too.

In addition to exposure, they get feedback in the form of torrent comments by those that do bother to download it and try it.

Torrent trackers like to put stuff like this on the front page to give the impression that they are a legal-minded site and to dispel the popular notion that all torrents are copyright infringing illegal materials and that there is no legal use for the technology.

Incidentally, the very first place that one could obtain my software, before I had a website of my own, was through P2P. I was sharing my stuff on WinMX, just like the other developers that inhabited my programming chat room.

It was cheaper for me to do this than to pay for a domain name and hosting. Plus, since most people that downloaded it also visited my chat room, I was able to get instant feedback, comments, suggestions, and bug reports, and they were able to get support much easier.

In many ways, my chat room was very much like DonationCoder's community, only it was located on a P2P network instead of a website.