ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > DcUpdater

Dcuppdater.exe crashes multiple times daily in W7...

<< < (7/7)

J-Mac:
mouser,

One thing I have noticed is that my startup errors with Windows 7 are not only due to dcuppdater.com. I posted previously that my newly installed Windows 7 was sometimes starting with explorer.exe unresponsive and causing me to have to either restart again or log off and on again. I had noticed that whenever this occurred there was a large number of the dcuppdater.com AppCrash errors listed in the Event Viewer. However now that I have disabled dcuppdater.com from auto-starting I still see the same explorer.exe problem at startup on occasion. Further research shows that my nvidia graphics card driver may be the cause. I had not noticed that before because the error shown in the Event Viewer shows during the previous shutdown rather than at the restart.

I am thinking about dropping back to the previous nvidia driver release to see if that helps, since nvidia - as usual - is not commenting on this error at all even though a lot of their users are seeing it.

So even though dcuppdater.com WAS indeed throwing the AppCrash errors, I do not believe that they were the cause of the non-responsive explorer.exe upon startup problem.

Thanks!

Jim

mouser:
i'm going to make this new version the official latest version if there is no further objection?

Deozaan:
I tried the new version and it did not crash in Windows 7 (64-bit). So it looks good to me.

sttrebo:
i've been getting this error recently.  not sure what has changed on my system (work computer, our it dept. will push down updates and changes without my knowledge).
i only get this error intermittently, can't seem to reproduce this with any sort of reliability.

AppName: dcuppdater.exe    AppVer: 1.0.0.0    ModName: libcurl.dll
ModVer: 7.19.7.0    Offset: 000102d4

dcupdater v1.26.01, windows xp sp2

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version