topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 5:18 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: CircleDock: Hello and a few questions  (Read 6370 times)

perchera

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
CircleDock: Hello and a few questions
« on: October 15, 2009, 09:53 AM »
Hello,

I am new at circledock. Sorry if this is not the subforum to place my question, i can't find a "circledock" subforum.

Here's my questions:

1-About toggling: i set it up so that dock hides when i click on centrebutton and it shows when i move mouse left or right. No hotkey, and toggle visibility as "none". It worked fine until i first restarted windows. Now, when i hide the dock, it would not show again. I have tried setting toggle vivisibility to Mbutton and xbutton1 and 2 (which i'm not sure what it means) but no showing up... i have to find the icon in start tray and launch it :(

Edit: by now i am "surviving" by using the Mbutton that i found is the scroll :) I don't like it much bc its kind hard... i would prefer that it shows when i move cursor left or righ.

2-Is there a way i can move icons from inner to outer rings? i can't find a way to arrange icons the way i would like. By now i did it by adding new icons in the order i would like them to be, but you know, later you find you forgot to place an icon and you cannot put it where you would like to.

3-How can i make circledock start with windows (i am using w7 64bits final release)... i think i can work this out by my own... but asking is free :)

Thanks in advance and sorry if these questions have been already posted.

Rigel

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: CircleDock: Hello and a few questions
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 12:15 PM »
1: Maybe it's startup problem, if you start CD manualy works.
2: There are two way to order CD:
    a - Hard (only for expert, this way can destroy all cd items): open DockItemData.ini and sort
 manualy but if you make an error you lost everything.
b: Trick in Markham version: You create a CD Dock Folder then move all the item in. Go in the dock folder and move in order you want to the center icon.
3: Place cd link in autostart folder in windows start menu or in Markham version Setting->General-> start with windows. But if you start manually point 1 solution is my fault and I don't know to solve.
Part of the inhumanity of the computer is that, once it is competently programmed and working smoothly, it is completely honest.

perchera

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 04:11 PM »
Thank u Rigel,

I've downloaded and installed Markham's version which seems more polished than the alpha 8.2

Still i am having troubles. I do not why, the dock hides and would not appear when i press mbutton, or move mouse left or right.
Besides, when it hides (autohide) it does not appear in the desktop if i minimize other windows... buaaah

I like this dock much more than rocketdock but it seems i am too much all thumb... i'll keep on trying all options and settings but it seems that something does not work fine with my w7 64bit :(

thanks again

Markham

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Circle Dock
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2009, 11:51 PM »
Still i am having troubles. I do not why, the dock hides and would not appear when i press mbutton, or move mouse left or right.
Sounds like a configuration problem. Open the Settings Dialog and under "Toggling" you will see the settings which enable Circle Dock to reappear if the mouse cursor is at a screen edge. I'd advise you to enable at least one of the four possibilities as you don't want to use the mouse's middle button to toggle visibility.

Besides, when it hides (autohide) it does not appear in the desktop if i minimize other windows... buaaah
You can also configure an on-screen toggle button (Settings->Toggle Button) which will appear when the dock is hidden.

Mark

perchera

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2009, 06:15 AM »
Hi Mark,

Attached you can see how my settings are (i can't find a way to insert the images here in the text).
The rest is as default.

I've unchecked all toggling but left and right edges. But when i click on the central button to make it hide then it would not appear again if i move mouse left or right edge (i've even tried different pixel edges).
If i want to see the CD again i must find the shortcut in my tray...

The thing is that sometimes i do not want to see the CD on desktop to enjoy my wallpaper :) but, of course, if i need cd again i prefer the moving mouse rather than clicking Mbutton or finding shortcut in tray.

Don't worry too much, its not a big issue, i can survive (i would not watch my wallpaper all days every day), the rest seems to work fine... i haven't tried your version long enough bc i am still kinda confortable with cd alpha 8.2. I'll keep on trying yours.

thanks for your interest

Markham

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Circle Dock
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2009, 12:54 PM »
I've unchecked all toggling but left and right edges. But when i click on the central button to make it hide then it would not appear again if i move mouse left or right edge (i've even tried different pixel edges).

There's a bug in the current (and previous) version(s) which effectively means that any changes to the left/right/top/bottom settings is not immediately effected and you must quit Circle Dock and restart it to make those settings effective. I have fixed that bug in the next release.

The thing is that sometimes i do not want to see the CD on desktop to enjoy my wallpaper :) but, of course, if i need cd again i prefer the moving mouse rather than clicking Mbutton or finding shortcut in tray.
Mice with X1 (and X2) buttons are not that common - some Logitech have a X1 and some have both X1 and X2 buttons. However as Eric (the original author) did not have such a mouse, the implementation of these extra buttons is not complete. I will be looking into this for a future release.

Mark