ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: simple drawing or floor plan program

(1/3) > >>

techidave:
I have been searching google as well as trying out the Google Sketchup 7.1 but all seem to be to complex. 

I am wanting to make a floor plan of my school on the computer.  pretty much needs only straightlines or boxes, simple text editor.  It doesn't need to be 3d or 2d but just some lines on a page.  If it had a feature that shows the distance of the line in feet and inches while you are making the line that would be fantastic.  Sketchup has this feature.

If there is a program out there that does this, then point me in that direction. 

Any ideas?

thanks in advance,
Dave

mouser:
see this post:
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=7356.msg174037#msg174037

after trying many programs i was thrilled with Home Designer -- great program, can do simple things really quickly, can do complicated things with just a little more effort.

techidave:
It seems to be overkill for what I am wanting.  It isn't free either.  When it comes to CAD, pagermaker type programs, I have virtually no experience with them.  To me, Simple is the keyword.

I also look at the other programs mentioned in Mouser's post but also found them to be more complex than necessary.

But keep those comments coming!

AndyM:
For really simple stuff I just make a grid in Excel, perhaps both lines and columns at 1/2" and call each box 1 foot.  Use borders for the vertical and horizontal lines and the drawing tool for angled lines.  Text goes in text boxes or cells.   

But only for really simple stuff.

techidave:
Thanks Andy for what could be a simple solution.  I will have to look at this option. 

Any others?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version