ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Circle Dock

Circle dock - how to start automatic with VISTA O.S

(1/1)

jsam:
Hello... My name is Joao and I m form portugal!

I m using the circle dock, but every time a reboot, I have to manualy start the app... how can I solve this in vista? I mean, I want the circle dock to automatic start with windows .

Best regards..

EDIT: problem solved. TKNS

sgtevmckay:
Welcome to the CircleDock forums here at Donationcoder  :D

I have done a small tutorial covering this in the past
Forum post here:
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=16298.msg157695#msg157695

Let me know if this helps. If not let me know, and we will get you through this friend  :Thmbsup:

Markham:
I m using the circle dock, but every time a reboot, I have to manualy start the app... how can I solve this in vista? I mean, I want the circle dock to automatic start with windows .
-jsam (October 14, 2009, 07:33 AM)
--- End quote ---
If you're using v0.9.2.6 - available from this site - there's a configuration setting "Start with Windows".

sgtevmckay:
I have been working wth Rainmeter for a while now and we find that Write to files that are to be placed in the programs file will require that the program is run with Admin Privies.

Now you can not start a program that has Admin Privies set as default when starting.

I am wondering if this is a similar issue.

Markham:
I have been working wth Rainmeter for a while now and we find that Write to files that are to be placed in the programs file will require that the program is run with Admin Privies.

Now you can not start a program that has Admin Privies set as default when starting.

I am wondering if this is a similar issue.
-sgtevmckay (October 14, 2009, 08:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

No I don't think so. Almost all programs that can autostart with Windows invariably create a special entry in the Registry - and now Circle Dock does the same (that, incidentally, is the only modification Circle Dock does to the Registry).

In any event, most non-commercial PC users don't bother to log-in to a non-Admin type account. Non-Admin accounts are much more common in the business world where there's an IT department that enforces them.

Mark

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version