topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 3:35 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: LaunchBar Commander new Node Type (Menu from File Contents) and Sendkeys func  (Read 3329 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Just a quick illustration of how to use the new "Menu from File Contents" node, in addition to the new paste and sendkeys options.

Let's have a look at the new test node i added:

Screenshot - 4_16_2012 , 1_35_37 PM.pngLaunchBar Commander new Node Type (Menu from File Contents) and Sendkeys func

Note that I specified my menu contents directly in the node configuration -- but could have combined that with an external text file.  The syntax for the menu specification can be found in the documentation; it includes the ability to use custom captions (shown in example above), but also custom icons, and nested menus.

And of course you can link to programs, documents, folders, or urls as the menu items (not just paste commands!)

The paste and sendkeys items you see will send text to the last active window, in different ways that may be suitable for different targets; in general paste works on plain text and is fastest (uses the clipboard); sendkeys can simulate any keypresses.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 01:45 PM by mouser »