ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Who should judge Win7's success?

(1/10) > >>

zridling:

For the most part, we DC members are power users and can find our way around any software. And based on early reviews and beta use, Win7 is a hit. But those same testers and early reviewers had good things to say about Vista, too. Whom should we trust to be the better judge of Win7's success?

* Mom/Dad?

* Niece/Nephew?

* The mythical "Average User"?

* Win7 party attendants?

* College students?

* Your co-workers?

JavaJones:
"The market", of course. What other measure of success is there for a commercial software product? :D

And for my part I don't remember much early praise for Vista except from a vocal minority of Windows-lovers and apparent apologists, or people who just thought it was uncool to jump on the Vista bashing bandwagon. Win7 has been much different in that regard, at least from what I've seen.

- Oshyan

nite_monkey:
personally I would think that you should just use 7 yourself, and not bother with what other people have to say. Different people like different things. One person might love 7, while another person can't stand it. the best option is to just try it and see if it is right for you.

Josh:
Exactly! Just like I absolutely love vista and other vocal people do not.

rgdot:
I, as well, don't recall early Vista reviews being very positive and 7 has been as near unanimous as I have seen from any MS product.
Who should judge? each end user and DON'T judge only based on security.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version