ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Snow leopard bug causes erasure of users home directory

(1/3) > >>

Josh:
Apparently not only are Sidekick users losing their personal data. Today, in a separate incident Snow Leopard (OS X 10.6) users are also finding their data fully wiped.

The bug was actually discovered within a week of Snow Leopard's launch back in August, when users found that logging out of their account, into a "guest" account, and then back into their personal account would completely erase the content from their home drive (Documents, Movies, Pictures, Music, Sites).
--- End quote ---

Source

Sorry for the BN link, I hate posting news from there but it still comes at a good time since the Windows vs Mac thread has really taken off.

f0dder:
OS X - it just works :-*

40hz:
"It's the biggest thing to happen to Macintosh since the Macintosh" (Apple's ad slogan: (2001) Initial OS X release.) ;)

-----

"I hope all your previous words were soft and sweet. Because you're about to eat them." -Anonymous

8)

Innuendo:
Want to lose all your data? There's an app for that.

Ehtyar:
"I hope all your previous words were soft and sweet. Because you're about to eat them." -Anonymous
-40hz (October 13, 2009, 06:36 AM)
--- End quote ---
Want to lose all your data? There's an app for that.
-Innuendo (October 13, 2009, 10:06 AM)
--- End quote ---
:Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:

Ehtyar.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version