ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

typeadrun

<< < (2/3) > >>

lanux128:
well, that's another launcher to the dumps... by run-box, i assume that you mean windows' run-box...
anyway since i started using f+rr, all others look a distant second and i'm not the one for eye-candy gui launchers. now if only f+rr has a feature for folder browsing...  ;)

allen:
i was needing a program like farr,since i use blackbox for windows (http://bb4win.sourceforge.net/bblean/)
-jgpaiva (January 04, 2006, 03:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

Wow, I had no idea there was a blackbox for windows . . . consider me, a fan of it's linux counterpart, excited.  That said, you can access the start menu by hitting the windows button on your keyboard, if you have one.

jgpaiva:
Wow, I had no idea there was a blackbox for windows . . . consider me, a fan of it's linux counterpart, excited. -allen (March 20, 2006, 09:52 PM)
--- End quote ---
:) I hope you like it, i personally loved it. I used it for 3 years and sure liked the experience!

That said, you can access the start menu by hitting the windows button on your keyboard, if you have one.-allen (March 20, 2006, 09:52 PM)
--- End quote ---
That could happen if i had the start menu configured, which i didn't. I removed the start menu from my menus, because it'd become too small with way too many entries, farr is just... faster ;)

allen:
Wow, I had no idea there was a blackbox for windows . . . consider me, a fan of it's linux counterpart, excited. -allen (March 20, 2006, 09:52 PM)
--- End quote ---
:) I hope you like it, i personally loved it. I used it for 3 years and sure liked the experience!
-jgpaiva (March 21, 2006, 03:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'm playing with it.  Not quite as stable as the linux version . . . but not unusable at this point.  What are you using now-a-days, explorer? :)

jgpaiva:
Allen: not stable? It's way more stable than explorer, at least it was for me..
Did you "install it" i.e. set it as your shell?
If you go to process manager, do you still have explorer running?

If you install bb, it'll replace explorer, so, you'll only have it running when you explore your computer (if you don't use dopus, or something similar)

Not much time ago, i got back to explorer, only i was having an issue with farr's focus, and thought it was bb-related. BB also isn't compatible with google desktop, or any sort of programs that use their own graphic display (like rainmeter and rainlendar, those widget things).

Other than that, bb is quite complete, it's got the most awesome plugins that you should have a look when you feel confortable with it.

By what i see from your site and blog, i'd say bb is perfect for you, everything is kept very simple, it's veery fast (faster than explorer, i'd say), it's got native support for multiple desktops (which was my biggest problem when i got back to explorer), it supports extreme costumization with minimum resource use, and still, looks good :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version