ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

My text file manipulation needs

<< < (6/7) > >>

skwire:
I don't see an attached zip...   :huh:

forkinpm:
Hallo Jody!
Yet another delay and an apology, but on this occasion the document is ready and is in the accompanying zip.
I suggest that we communicate when you have had a chance to read and digest the contents.
Over the next 24 hours I will rethink the implications and write a one-pager on how I think that we should proceed.
Thanks and once again sorry for keeping you waiting.
Have a nice weekend.
Regards, forkinpm.

skwire:
I suggest that we communicate when you have had a chance to read and digest the contents.
Over the next 24 hours I will rethink the implications and write a one-pager on how I think that we should proceed.
-forkinpm (October 24, 2009, 08:23 AM)
--- End quote ---
I think the complexity of this project has gotten to the point where I really don't have the time to continue working on it.  You are free to use the code I've written so far as a starting point for future work; I suspect that what you need is outside the scale of the Coding Snack approach here, and you may be better off trying to hire a programmer for the job using a site such as http://www.rentacoder.com.  I trust you can understand.

forkinpm:
Hallo Jody!
Over the weekend I had time to reflect on the material I had sent you & have decided to make some changes.
The changes will cover:
1. Being able to handle dual words and a single part-of-speech as in verbs taking a preposition
2. Conjuctions made up of more than one word and also taking a single part-of-speech
For these two points some preview and marking of the text before tagging is required.
3. Some analysis of my texts and their segmentation looking for patterns.
When I have completed this, I will better understand the implications.
This latter point is a way to predict with some better accuracy where phrases begin and end.
The final point is the addition of a rules set for the segmentation and its re-sequencing for the German version.
I have set myself a deadline of mid-day tomorrow to post it.
How are you getting on with what I sent on Saturday?
Regards, forkinpm.

skwire:
forkinpm, maybe my previous post was misunderstood?  Due to the time required for an app of this complexity, I will not be developing it any further.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version