ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

My text file manipulation needs

<< < (3/7) > >>

forkinpm:
Hallo "skwire"!
Yes, that is more or less, what I am looking for.
How can I acquire a copy of the program?
What language is it written in?
and
How can I enter into a dialogue with you on what comes after this first step?
Thanks for the first shot.
Regards, forkinpm.

skwire:
I haven't written anything yet but I do have some more thoughts and questions.

1) The CSV file in your zip isn't really a CSV file.  It's a simple text file that wrongly has a CSV extension.
2) I'm envisioning an app with two entry boxes.  The first one would be for the sentence file and the second would be for the word list file (the CSV file in your zip).
3) Output could be a standard save window for the resulting output text file, or, I could display the output in an edit field in the main app.

Is this what you had in mind?

forkinpm:
Hallo skwire!
I will read your reply again in the morning and respond to the questions. My motivation is to have as simple a workspace as possible because there are some follow-on steps.
When could you have some code I could use to test and when will I know in which language you will write and what I will be expected to pay??
Regards and thanks again, forkinpm.

tomos:
[...]  in which language you will write and what I will be expected to pay??
-forkinpm (October 15, 2009, 01:14 PM)
--- End quote ---
Hi forkinpm :)
I hope Skwire wont mind me commenting:
you could have a look in the 'Post new requests'/'Coding snacks' board to get an idea of how the process might work
e.g. this thread:-
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=19770.0

Autohotkey (AHK) is most often used to create scripts/programmes. It's portable, you can run a 'script' using AHK; or an .exe file can be made from the script - again that is portable too (the .exe file runs the programme as opposed to installing anything).

This site normally works on the idea of donations - if you use/like a programme or get something custom 'made' the idea is that you donate to the author. This is done by first donating via the last link on the right top of page. You get one credit per dollar donated. These are in your 'account' here. You can then donate 'credits' to the author via the $ icon under his/her avatar on the left. Anyone can cash in their credits.
As to amount - that's more delicate -  :-\ :D - I guess that depends on how much you can afford, how much work is done; how much worth something has... you could also donate to the site if you wanted. There's more info at that donate link.

Hope that helps

skwire:
My motivation is to have as simple a workspace as possible because there are some follow-on steps.
When could you have some code I could use to test and when will I know in which language you will write and what I will be expected to pay??-forkinpm (October 15, 2009, 01:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

Give this a try (source/binary included):  Speech Type Tagger download

My text file manipulation needs

It's written in AutoHotkey.  Obviously, it can be improved and added on to but I wanted to make sure I was going in the right direction for you.

I hope Skwire wont mind me commenting:-tomos (October 15, 2009, 02:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

Nope, I don't mind, my friend.  =]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version