topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Wednesday April 17, 2024, 9:03 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Circle Dock v0.9.2.6 Refresh  (Read 7571 times)

Markham

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Circle Dock
    • Donate to Member
Circle Dock v0.9.2.6 Refresh
« on: October 10, 2009, 11:46 PM »
I have recompiled Circle Dock with settings that should allow it to run on 64-bit as well as 32-bit operating systems. I am unable to test the 64-bit setting as I don't have a 64-bit OS.

There are no other changes, so the version number remains the same.

Download link: Circle Dock v0.9.2.6 (Refresh) Installation Program

Edit: Corrected download link
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 10:02 AM by Markham »

Rigel

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Circle Dock v0.9.2.6 Refresh
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2009, 03:18 AM »
The link works, thanks Markham. Now I try  :) :) :) :)
Part of the inhumanity of the computer is that, once it is competently programmed and working smoothly, it is completely honest.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 11:23 AM by Rigel »

yiafar

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009, 06:42 AM »
Yes link does not work, Pitty!

Markham

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Circle Dock
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2009, 10:03 AM »
Sorry about that ... I've corrected the download link.

Rigel

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2009, 12:03 PM »
Wonderful works, great jobs Markham. Thank you very much.    ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Part of the inhumanity of the computer is that, once it is competently programmed and working smoothly, it is completely honest.

yiafar

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2009, 03:53 PM »
Congratiulations!!
THANKS!

dazzaa

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2009, 05:43 PM »
brilliant, i'm glad there's someone working on this fine app, i wouldn't be without it.
Nice one. :)

Rigel

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2009, 01:11 PM »
Hi, Markaham.
I install win7 64 bit and I found some bug in CD:
1 - Center button -> "Show start menu when clicked" show the last menu you use (start menu or Jump Lists). An othe bug, when the center icon is larger then 100px when you pass with mouse from center to menu it disappear.
2 - New shortcut problem: some link mades an error, maybe parsing error. I found this problem in link with args so I solve moving exe and adding manually the args in item setting. A strange behavior moving link to CD adds all the icon in link shortcut, very usefull if you want.

I find an hidden function. If you want to order icon you can create dock folder moving icon in it and then moving icon to center in order you want. Markham can you add a frame to item setting with item list to order icon?
An other upgrade: can you make an add option to add all the icon in one folder? Or better somthing similar to KKmenu folder creation?
Thanks.
p.s.

Markham

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Circle Dock
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2009, 01:03 PM »
1 - Center button -> "Show start menu when clicked" show the last menu you use (start menu or Jump Lists).

That's a side-effect, I'm afraid. The Start Menu handler has been modified for the next release by the addition of an additional option. That change may interest you.

An othe bug, when the center icon is larger then 100px when you pass with mouse from center to menu it disappear.

I am unable to replicate this at the current time. I've tried making the Centre Button size considerably greater than 100 pixels and everything functions as normal.

2 - New shortcut problem: some link mades an error, maybe parsing error. I found this problem in link with args so I solve moving exe and adding manually the args in item setting. A strange behavior moving link to CD adds all the icon in link shortcut, very usefull if you want.

Shortcut handling has been fixed in the next release.

Markham can you add a frame to item setting with item list to order icon?

I will look into this.

An other upgrade: can you make an add option to add all the icon in one folder? Or better somthing similar to KKmenu folder creation?

It's unlikely we will handle such an enhancement natively but may do so by using Docklets. Support for RocketDock/ObjectDock Docklets is planned.

Mark

Rigel

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2009, 02:17 PM »
I research for the menu disappear problem so I found the problem, I use a png icon with strange shape and many transparent areas and when I enlarge the icon the trasparent area became greater. The problem affets the trasparent area and if you use an icon similar to char "V" the problem became greater. Can you change the event? Before disappearing you must enter menu area and only when you exit the menu disappear.
Another thing, in CD settings all the label have the event to open the relative menu eccept the new menu "item setting" and "toggle bottom".
I translate your CD verison in Italian but some new things there aren't in language file, can you add them in next release?
Thanks